Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Help!!!

tag
solid07
Contributor

Chase Help!!!

Chase approved me for 400 dollars at 22%, what should I do ask for somtthing better, keep it, or let it go before I get th card!!!!
2/22, FICO ,TU 638, EQ 654, EX 630
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Help!!!

Smiley Indifferent I know Chase is prime . but $400 I'll not take it . Did you try call them yet ? and what is your score May I ask ? solid07 , thanks a lot
Message 2 of 36
pattycake
Established Contributor

Keep it, pay it on time and you'll start to get CLIs. I got my first one after about three months from $200 to $300, asked for an increase (hard INQ) to $1000 and got it (after six months). Then just two weeks ago, I pulled up my account online and got a $2700 unsolicited CLI. Hang in there, I love my Chase Rewards card.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 3 of 36
solid07
Contributor

So I should call them?
Message 4 of 36
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Now that you are approved, if you dont take the card it would still report on your CR. Just take the card and make the payments on time and keep asking for the CLI's. I am sure they would give you good CLI soon. It is a good way to start out.
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling them never hurts.  At least you'll have all the info you need to make an informed decision.
Message 6 of 36
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

wait your card come then call them ask more . last time I did for my mother inlaw ( Citicard :they approve 4k ) when the card come I call them for her , Then they gave her 10k.
Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats solid! A PRIME card to have. And it will grow with you! Smiley Happy

Good show.
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Now that you are approved, if you dont take the card it would still report on your CR. Just take the card and make the payments on time and keep asking for the CLI's. I am sure they would give you good CLI soon. It is a good way to start out.

This is such a sore spot for me.  We just finished the paperwork for a HELOC and one of the forms we had to fill out was called a "Notice of Right to Cancel".  We couldn't fill it out right away, we HAD to wait three days and then bring it back.  There was a spot to sign if we wanted to finalize the loan, or a spot to fill out if we wanted to cancel it.  Seems like there should be a similar way to dump a card that gets approved with terrible terms.
Message 9 of 36
solid07
Contributor

I mean I dont need the card, I just wanna build credit, I guess ill call and just keep the card!!!
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.