Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hyatt Visa - Changes

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Hyatt Visa - Changes

@FrugalRican wrote:

As a lower profile spender, it still doesn't appeal to me to spend more on the Hyatt VISA than on my Freedom, much less if I had a CSP.

For a free night at a Level 1 hotel, I'd have to spend 5,000 in a year.

For that same "free" night using UR points with my Freedom, I could spend at least half that, and potentially less.

Maybe someone can double check my math, but let's see that Level 1 Hotel is $200 a night. So I'd spend $5,000 (Or $2,500 in meals), just to get that room.

But with the Freedom, I could spend $2,000 or less and just use the points. It seems like a waste to me... again, to me. But if you're throwing money at the Hyatt VISA like there's no tomorrow, then it's an excellent change, specially for the restaurant part... it makes attaining a free night that much more easier.

I think having the Freedom 10-10 also makes it that much harder for me to want to use the Hyatt VISA more.

In general spending money on the Hyatt card, regardless of whether it's the old or new version, isn't a great idea even for a high profile spender. Unless you're spending money at actual Hyatt properties or need the extra night/stay credits for diamond, I can't ever see a good time to use it over something else.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 51 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.