Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hyatt vs. Citi Hiltons Honors

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Chase Hyatt vs. Citi Hiltons Honors

I need either one of these cards cos I got an upcoming vacation to Dubai in a few months. Although I generally stay at a Hilton, in Dubai they got alot of Hyatt chains as well as a few in NYC and Atlantic City which would be great to stay. But here's the deal: earlier this month I applied to Chase for the Freedom which was barely approved for $500 lowest limit ever and also applied to Citi for the AAdvantage card (approved with a high limit) and Simplicity (declined citing too many inquiries - 4 or 5 at the time). Now these two creditors offers both cards I need but based on my initial outcome with them which in your opinion is more likely to approve me for a second card?? Thanks for ya input

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Hyatt vs. Citi Hiltons Honors

@pip3man wrote:

I need either one of these cards cos I got an upcoming vacation to Dubai in a few months. Although I generally stay at a Hilton, in Dubai they got alot of Hyatt chains as well as a few in NYC and Atlantic City which would be great to stay. But here's the deal: earlier this month I applied to Chase for the Freedom which was barely approved for $500 lowest limit ever and also applied to Citi for the AAdvantage card (approved with a high limit) and Simplicity (declined citing too many inquiries - 4 or 5 at the time). Now these two creditors offers both cards I need but based on my initial outcome with them which in your opinion is more likely to approve me for a second card?? Thanks for ya input

Based on decline from citi for simplicity card.I don't think either would approve if you applied tomorrow IMO.would wait another few months to apply .

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
eagle2013
Established Contributor

I would go for the Chase Hyatt

1) Sign up bonus is better (2 paid nights) with a small minimum spend [1k 3 months|.

2) Co-branded cards are generally easier to get than the ones directly by the issuer like Freedom.

3) Chase is great with recons, not Citi
Message 3 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I recommend that you just wait it out.

The hyatt has a minimum CL of 2k. If you are approved for only 500 on the freedom, its likely you will be declined for the Hyatt entirely because you have reached the CL threshold Chase is willing to extend.

Citi has a 2 apps per 60-80 days limit. Any additional apps is guaranteed to be a denial, and they will still pull HPs for it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 5
pip3man
Valued Contributor

oooh nooo bummer!!! Smiley Sad thanks all for your suggestion, im not gonna push it with Citi however, I may consider Chase cos the Hyatt is very important to me and considering it will be a 7days vacay (in reality we only paying for 5 nights and getting 2 free). This is really gonna be a tough one right here arghhhh

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.