Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG max bonus?

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Chase IHG max bonus?

So I keep getting emails with invitation to apply for the IHG card (range of APRs when I click the terms link so it is not a prequal)
Started out with the standard public bonus points (easy to hit delete on those) but recently the offer has been for 80k. Has anyone seen a higher offer?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Chase IHG max bonus?

80k is the highest I have seen. Not sure if it is the historical high though. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I apped in June 2015. 80k + $50.

Some people (not me, sadly) got the bonus in the form of elite-qualifying points, which put them above the 75k needed for Spire elite status. So add in 2 * 25k Spire annual perk bonuses.

So the max I've heard of is 80k + $50 + 25k + 25k = 130k + $50.

I've gotten a stupid number of points from other promos, though. Smiley Tongue

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

according to a crowdsourced spreadsheet it appears 80k is the all time high.  The thing is now you can get the 60k + $50 but sending a secure message almost always results in them giving you the 20k points but clawing back the $50.  Since you are getting the 80k offer I would just go that route (assuming you are beyond 5/24 and ineligible for CSR.  If you are close to a chase branch I would check to see if you are prequalified for the CSR, because then you could apply for CSR and IHG the same day and hopefully get combined inqs)

Last july I got the IHG 80k offer and they did not take back the $50.  But I think it has attracted a lot of attention so that is why..

Do you have any interest in the Ritz card?  While it has a $450 AF it includes $300 of incidentals per cal year, $100 off airline bookings, and 3 free nights up to cat 4 hotel. Adding an AU grants you another 10k points, so by spending another 5k, you'd have 4 free nights.

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

according to a crowdsourced spreadsheet it appears 80k is the all time high.  The thing is now you can get the 60k + $50 but sending a secure message almost always results in them giving you the 20k points but clawing back the $50.  Since you are getting the 80k offer I would just go that route (assuming you are beyond 5/24 and ineligible for CSR.  If you are close to a chase branch I would check to see if you are prequalified for the CSR, because then you could apply for CSR and IHG the same day and hopefully get combined inqs)

Last july I got the IHG 80k offer and they did not take back the $50.  But I think it has attracted a lot of attention so that is why..

Do you have any interest in the Ritz card?  While it has a $450 AF it includes $300 of incidentals per cal year, $100 off airline bookings, and 3 free nights up to cat 4 hotel. Adding an AU grants you another 10k points, so by spending another 5k, you'd have 4 free nights.

Then the crowd is wrong.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then the crowd is wrong.

Thats what I was thinking too, I remember something about 100k.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.