Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG question

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase IHG question

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.

Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.

HAHA... and we had how many people say NO APPLY... you all need to chill sometimes with your 1 high util account killing all Smiley Tongue

Congrats!

Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

HAHA... and we had how many people say NO APPLY... you all need to chill sometimes with your 1 high util account killing all Smiley Tongue

Congrats!

Incredibly few if you read the thread Smiley Happy.  Several said looks reasonable but if you wait for a bit you can likely do better.  Likewise I would suggest the converse of pushing one's markers doesn't work either in all cases, though on the whole at least with my posting think you'd find I'm typically one of the more vocal in the "dude, just go do it" crowd.

In any event, OP that is a smashing approval!  I am sort of curious if typical travel cards around the travelling season grant larger limits than say cards in January.  Consumers are used to spending and paying back holiday borrowing and as such maybe the time of year does make some difference in the risk analysis.  Curiosity item at least.

        
Message 13 of 15
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

that 

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

Congrats!

Incredibly few if you read the thread Smiley Happy.  Several said looks reasonable but if you wait for a bit you can likely do better.  Likewise I would suggest the converse of pushing one's markers doesn't work either in all cases, though on the whole at least with my posting think you'd find I'm typically one of the more vocal in the "dude, just go do it" crowd.

In any event, OP that is a smashing approval!  I am sort of curious if typical travel cards around the travelling season grant larger limits than say cards in January.  Consumers are used to spending and paying back holiday borrowing and as such maybe the time of year does make some difference in the risk analysis.  Curiosity item at least.

that is a good point, I am still shocked that she got that high of a CL due to that her highest was $3k, she has no siggys, no relationship with chase and high util on the discover... I guess its one of those wow type of apps, probably wont happen to her again lol. but this really helps out her portfolio, she now has a relationship with chase and a high line that might cause her others to bump up and we still got the 80k points and free night annually!! 

Message 14 of 15
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Very nice starting limit. The platinum status will come in handy.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.