Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎08-17-2013
0

Re: Chase IHG question

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.




Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,735
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Chase IHG question


slap_happy wrote:

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.


HAHA... and we had how many people say NO APPLY... you all need to chill sometimes with your 1 high util account killing all :smileytongue:

Congrats!

Fico Scores: EQ- 662 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (1/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator
Posts: 10,558
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase IHG question

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

slap_happy wrote:

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.


HAHA... and we had how many people say NO APPLY... you all need to chill sometimes with your 1 high util account killing all :smileytongue:

Congrats!


Incredibly few if you read the thread :smileyhappy:.  Several said looks reasonable but if you wait for a bit you can likely do better.  Likewise I would suggest the converse of pushing one's markers doesn't work either in all cases, though on the whole at least with my posting think you'd find I'm typically one of the more vocal in the "dude, just go do it" crowd.

 

In any event, OP that is a smashing approval!  I am sort of curious if typical travel cards around the travelling season grant larger limits than say cards in January.  Consumers are used to spending and paying back holiday borrowing and as such maybe the time of year does make some difference in the risk analysis.  Curiosity item at least.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 683, EQ 8 690, TU 710, EX 715 (01/01/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎08-17-2013
0

Re: Chase IHG question

that 


Revelate wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

slap_happy wrote:

well, turkey was in the oven, egg nog in cup, kids making noise etc....so figured what better time to do this lol, so we pulled the trigger and lo and behold, she got instantly approved! great, I figured at least a $2-3 CL, but we really only wanted the points and annual free night...called the automated status and she got approved for a siggy with a $15000 CL!!!! something is just not right with that, be were not complaing... im now wondering what I would get approved for?? my file is so much better then hers.


HAHA... and we had how many people say NO APPLY... you all need to chill sometimes with your 1 high util account killing all :smileytongue:

Congrats!


Incredibly few if you read the thread :smileyhappy:.  Several said looks reasonable but if you wait for a bit you can likely do better.  Likewise I would suggest the converse of pushing one's markers doesn't work either in all cases, though on the whole at least with my posting think you'd find I'm typically one of the more vocal in the "dude, just go do it" crowd.

 

In any event, OP that is a smashing approval!  I am sort of curious if typical travel cards around the travelling season grant larger limits than say cards in January.  Consumers are used to spending and paying back holiday borrowing and as such maybe the time of year does make some difference in the risk analysis.  Curiosity item at least.


that is a good point, I am still shocked that she got that high of a CL due to that her highest was $3k, she has no siggys, no relationship with chase and high util on the discover... I guess its one of those wow type of apps, probably wont happen to her again lol. but this really helps out her portfolio, she now has a relationship with chase and a high line that might cause her others to bump up and we still got the 80k points and free night annually!! 




Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Chase IHG question

Very nice starting limit. The platinum status will come in handy.
EQ: 714, TU: 708, EX: 678

Most used: Barclay Sallie Mae, NFCU cashRewards
Hotel cards: Chase IHG, Marriott, Hyatt
Rarely used: AmEx BCE, Citi Double Cash, Discover it




Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.