Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG to mastercard?

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Chase IHG to mastercard?

Just recieved an email from Chase saying they were replacing my IHG Visa with a MC version. From my understanding Chase was severing their relationship with MC, has anything changed? I know a lot of people have the MC version of the freedom or CSP and want to keep it, maybe they can now. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase IHG to mastercard?

This agreement between Chase, IHG and MasterCard predates the Chase/Visa changes by over a year. They announced that the new IHG card would be MasterCard in Jan 2013 and last several years. Chase is eliminating MC for the Chase family of cards including Freedom, Slate, INK, Sapphire and this change would not impact partner cards like Amtrak.

Message 2 of 7
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Thanks, I had no idea. If they knew they were changing all the cards for a year, it would have been nice if they gave the consumers a heads up before they apply. I've only had the card a few months and they are cancelling my Visa and giving me a MC. I'm ok with having an MC but some people may not be. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 7
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I do want a MC card from Chase instead of all Visas. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
wche
Regular Contributor

Received chase secure message today about the switch to MC. Message said account number will change.. Does that mean our credit history for this account will start anew with the new MC number??
Message 5 of 7
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I just bumped the other thread before I noticed this one...

I received the message too.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 6 of 7
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

I wish the Chase family were all MCs. I shop at Sams Club a lot and hate that I have to earn some random points on my Discover card. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.