Frequent Contributor
unc0mm0n1

Chase IHG to mastercard?

Just recieved an email from Chase saying they were replacing my IHG Visa with a MC version. From my understanding Chase was severing their relationship with MC, has anything changed? I know a lot of people have the MC version of the freedom or CSP and want to keep it, maybe they can now. 

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Valued Contributor
mxp114

Re: Chase IHG to mastercard?

This agreement between Chase, IHG and MasterCard predates the Chase/Visa changes by over a year. They announced that the new IHG card would be MasterCard in Jan 2013 and last several years. Chase is eliminating MC for the Chase family of cards including Freedom, Slate, INK, Sapphire and this change would not impact partner cards like Amtrak.

Frequent Contributor
unc0mm0n1

Thanks, I had no idea. If they knew they were changing all the cards for a year, it would have been nice if they gave the consumers a heads up before they apply. I've only had the card a few months and they are cancelling my Visa and giving me a MC. I'm ok with having an MC but some people may not be. 

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Valued Contributor
DigitalArk

I do want a MC card from Chase instead of all Visas. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
wche

Received chase secure message today about the switch to MC. Message said account number will change.. Does that mean our credit history for this account will start anew with the new MC number??
BOA Better Rewards: 5K | Citi Forward: 8.6K | Chase Freedom: 10K | Discover IT: 7K | Amex BlueSky: 12.4K | Chase IHG: 5K | Sallie Mae: 9K | Chase CSP: 8.4K | Barclays Rewards 3k

TU FICO 771
Regular Contributor
GetTheFico

I just bumped the other thread before I noticed this one...

I received the message too.

EQ: 702, TU: 702, EX: 684

NFCU cashRewards, Discover it, Chase IHG, Barclay Arrival, AmEx BCE, Barclay Sallie Mae, Chase Marriott, Citi Double Cash
Regular Contributor
Lin55

I wish the Chase family were all MCs. I shop at Sams Club a lot and hate that I have to earn some random points on my Discover card. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}