Frequent Contributor

Chase IHG to mastercard?

Just recieved an email from Chase saying they were replacing my IHG Visa with a MC version. From my understanding Chase was severing their relationship with MC, has anything changed? I know a lot of people have the MC version of the freedom or CSP and want to keep it, maybe they can now. 

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase IHG to mastercard?

This agreement between Chase, IHG and MasterCard predates the Chase/Visa changes by over a year. They announced that the new IHG card would be MasterCard in Jan 2013 and last several years. Chase is eliminating MC for the Chase family of cards including Freedom, Slate, INK, Sapphire and this change would not impact partner cards like Amtrak.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I had no idea. If they knew they were changing all the cards for a year, it would have been nice if they gave the consumers a heads up before they apply. I've only had the card a few months and they are cancelling my Visa and giving me a MC. I'm ok with having an MC but some people may not be. 

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Valued Contributor

I do want a MC card from Chase instead of all Visas. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor

Received chase secure message today about the switch to MC. Message said account number will change.. Does that mean our credit history for this account will start anew with the new MC number??
BOA Better Rewards | Citi Forward | Chase Freedom | Discover IT | Amex BlueSky | Chase IHG | Sallie Mae | Chase CSP | Barclays Rewards | Banana Republic Visa

Regular Contributor

I just bumped the other thread before I noticed this one...

I received the message too.

EQ: 714, TU: 704, EX: 685
Most used: Barclay Sallie Mae, NFCU cashRewards
Hotel cards: Chase IHG, Hyatt
Rarely used: AmEx BCE, Discover it
Regular Contributor

I wish the Chase family were all MCs. I shop at Sams Club a lot and hate that I have to earn some random points on my Discover card. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.