Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Cash - 2 Week Decision?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Chase Ink Cash - 2 Week Decision?

So i tried applying for AMEX SimplyCash and got denied last month. It was only a soft cuz I already have an AMEX Green so i waited 30 days and decided to apply for an AMEX Green Business card....i didnt realize i needed to way BEYOND 30 days...i thought the 30th day was when you could reapply...anyway, it was auto rejected and it wont allow me to apply now, for what i presume is another 30 days...

I opened a Chase Business checking a month or two ago and as the lady was opening my accounts she said i was pre-approved for Chase Ink. I declined at the time becuase i didnt know naything about the card and had planned on getting that AMEX...Well i decided that it was actually a pretty nice card and it seems to be easier to get than the AMEX business cards.

I gave it a shot last night and it came up with this...

Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 4.09.24 PM.png

So basically a 10 day wait...I called the status phone number and checked it today nad it said a decision will be made in approx 2 weeks...I thought I was doomed for sure...but i read on another forum that its actually worse to get a 7-10 message than the 2 weeks message...Is this true?

What do you think my chances are? I was approved for a Chase Freendom back at the end of December with a low limit if that matters....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Cash - 2 Week Decision?

@shane82388 wrote:

So i tried applying for AMEX SimplyCash and got denied last month. It was only a soft cuz I already have an AMEX Green so i waited 30 days and decided to apply for an AMEX Green Business card....i didnt realize i needed to way BEYOND 30 days...i thought the 30th day was when you could reapply...anyway, it was auto rejected and it wont allow me to apply now, for what i presume is another 30 days...

I opened a Chase Business checking a month or two ago and as the lady was opening my accounts she said i was pre-approved for Chase Ink. I declined at the time becuase i didnt know naything about the card and had planned on getting that AMEX...Well i decided that it was actually a pretty nice card and it seems to be easier to get than the AMEX business cards.

I gave it a shot last night and it came up with this...

Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 4.09.24 PM.png

So basically a 10 day wait...I called the status phone number and checked it today nad it said a decision will be made in approx 2 weeks...I thought I was doomed for sure...but i read on another forum that its actually worse to get a 7-10 message than the 2 weeks message...Is this true?

What do you think my chances are? I was approved for a Chase Freendom back at the end of December with a low limit if that matters....

Have you spoken with a live credit analyst from Chase yet?? I would do that if you haven't. Odds are you;ll have your decision on the spot.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think you have a  good chance to get approved.  You should give them a call to ask for the status. They should be able to tell you.  They might ask you a few question to identify your identity.

Ron.

Message 3 of 10
shane82388
Established Contributor

What number do I call?
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:
What number do I call?

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
shane82388
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:
What number do I call?

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

I called and the lady checked. She said she sees it and its still pending. So thats not the worst thing in the world then....right? Good or bad sign?

Message 6 of 10
shane82388
Established Contributor

I called the automated line again today and now it says "Application is being reviewed, decision within 7-10 days"

GAHH!! What does it all mean?

Message 7 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

It really means it could go either way.  It's not a bad sign, but it's not an instant approval by any means (as  you obviously know).  I had a similar response from Chase on a Freedom last spring and it ended up being a no, the CSR said I was right on the edge at that time. I have not yet reapplied.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 10
shane82388
Established Contributor

I WAS approved for a Chase Freedom in December with a $500 limit so hopefully that is a good sign....

Message 9 of 10
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Hey,

Hope this helps.....I applied early this month for the chase bold. Got the same pending notice. Called the same day and next to speak to a analyst. They kept saying that it is too early....to speak to them and wait. Finally spoke to someone on the third day. He asked me a bunch of questions relating to the business and then my personal. I got a chase slate for 3K in nov so he was looking at the history on that, and then said I will approve it for 5K on the business card, and that they Just need to verify a few things and will get the card within 5-7 days. That was almost 12 days ago still no card, and keep calling in and they say it is pending still. But when u speak to the analyst department they tell me I'm approved. Called in yesterday and they told me to just wait it out for a full 2 weeks..

This sounds crzy for me too....
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.