Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Plus WE MC

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Chase Ink Plus WE MC

I'm starting a small business, so against my previous stance (app free until 2014), I applied for an Ink Plus WE MC the night before last. I Initially got the 7-10 message, so I called the recon line yesterday morning. Spoke to a really nice representative who stated that I had reached the amount of credit ($34K) that Chase was willing to extend to me at this time...He did however allow me to move credit around on my existing cards, and approved me nontheless for $5K. I had more than enough credit on my existing cards, and I'm more concerned with the earning power of the ink plus, so moving credit around was no biggie. Now to figure out what to spend $5K on within the next 3 months to earn the 50K bonus...So now I'm "officially" back in the garden until 2014 Smiley Wink

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Plus WE MC

Lucky. I offered to move credit to open the card and they still said no Smiley Sad. Enjoy the card.

Message 2 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Lucky. I offered to move credit to open the card and they still said no Smiley Sad. Enjoy the card.

Thanks! I'm really excited...Out of curiosity, how many chase cards do you have, how long have you had them, and what are the limits?

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Thanks! I'm really excited...Out of curiosity, how many chase cards do you have, how long have you had them, and what are the limits?

Three. The Chase Ink Classic is at 5000, Freedom at 4000, and Amazon at 1300. I've had the Amazon and Freedom for a little over one year and the Ink since June last year. So as you can see I don't have much credit with them at all.

Message 4 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Ahh, interesting...Maybe just give it a little more time and usage. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Message 5 of 16
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

congrats on the chase ink, its a good small business card

Message 6 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Yeah, Ill probably apply next year. With 23 inquiries on Experian, I really need to stop applying, haha. I really just wanted the bonus and no interest; inventory is expensive. Im still jealous of your lines though Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 16
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

I'm starting a small business, so against my previous stance (app free until 2014), I applied for an Ink Plus WE MC the night before last. I Initially got the 7-10 message, so I called the recon line yesterday morning. Spoke to a really nice representative who stated that I had reached the amount of credit ($34K) that Chase was willing to extend to me at this time...He did however allow me to move credit around on my existing cards, and approved me nontheless for $5K. I had more than enough credit on my existing cards, and I'm more concerned with the earning power of the ink plus, so moving credit around was no biggie. Now to figure out what to spend $5K on within the next 3 months to earn the 50K bonus...So now I'm "officially" back in the garden until 2014 Smiley Wink

Don't forget You get 2x points on gas and 5x points on office supplies, internet, land line and cell bills. I could suggest you feel out a local Office Depot and purchase a few VIsa gift cards using your Ink card and then spend those cards elsewhere when and where you could only earn 1 point. Just don't go to heavy on that trick and they are getting wise to it. 

Also free (free!) AU cards for "employees" with the Ink. No SSN needed, they ask but you can just fill in name and leave the SSN blank and they will issue card. I have called and also filled in the request online. The AU cards do not report to your credit (just like all Ink products) and with or without a SSN they do not report to the user's report.

Message 9 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Don't forget You get 2x points on gas and 5x points on office supplies, internet, land line and cell bills. I could suggest you feel out a local Office Depot and purchase a few VIsa gift cards using your Ink card and then spend those cards elsewhere when and where you could only earn 1 point. Just don't go to heavy on that trick and they are getting wise to it. 

Also free (free!) AU cards for "employees" with the Ink. No SSN needed, they ask but you can just fill in name and leave the SSN blank and they will issue card. I have called and also filled in the request online. The AU cards do not report to your credit (just like all Ink products) and with or without a SSN they do not report to the user's report.

Awesome! Thank you!...So it won't show up on my credit reports? Even better...

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.