Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink

tag
hussain99
Established Member

Chase Ink

Although I understand it's a business card but I wonder where there is so little info in this forum on Chase Ink. I was planning to apply for this card soon and have a few questions:

1) This will be my first Chase card. I once had a checking with them which I closed. Also once had a car financed through them which I later re-financed with a CU. Do you know if Chase prefers this card for people who already have a Chase card for sometime or if there's nothing like that?

2) Which is the easiest-to-get-approved card among Inks?

3) In your opinion, which of these cards would be best to get in with Chase? Please only name of these cards as I have a few goals in mind 1) United MileagePlus Explorer 2) CSP 3) Ink

Here's how my profile look like:

TU Score: 715

AAoA: 1 Year

Oldest Account: 1.5 years

No baddies at all

Local CU Card: $2,500

Discover IT: $1,500

Local Bank Card: $500

Auto Loan: $15,000

Personal Loan: $10,000

Income: Around $110k

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink

@hussain99 wrote:

Although I understand it's a business card but I wonder where there is so little info in this forum on Chase Ink. I was planning to apply for this card soon and have a few questions:

1) This will be my first Chase card. I once had a checking with them which I closed. Also once had a car financed through them which I later re-financed with a CU. Do you know if Chase prefers this card for people who already have a Chase card for sometime or if there's nothing like that?

3) In your opinion, which of these cards would be best to get in with Chase? Please only name of these cards as I have a few goals in mind 1) United MileagePlus Explorer 2) CSP 3) Ink

No baddies at all

Check the business forum more about it there trust me 

Chase ink cash easiest to get IMO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 31
Manny121
Established Member

@hussain99 wrote:

No baddies at all

I'm a personal banker for chase and I can tell you that from my experience ..9 times out of 10 ...the customer has to have an existing business checking with chase with established history at least 2 years or the business has to have a strong credit background....orrrr a significant deposit balance in your business checking account. Regardless of anything, Chase likes to see that you have a business checking relationship with them ...not to discourage you ..but I would do more research if you are looking to apply for this card.

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 3 of 31
hussain99
Established Member

Manny121

Thank you for your reply. One of my friends got denied for this card recently. Although they didn't mention anything like you did, but they did say that they would like to see some more credit history with Chase. So I tend to believe what you're saying.

Message 4 of 31
Manny121
Established Member

@hussain99 wrote:

Manny121

Thank you for your reply. One of my friends got denied for this card recently. Although they didn't mention anything like you did, but they did say that they would like to see some more credit history with Chase. So I tend to believe what you're saying.

Definately....no problem ...one thing I forgot to mention is of course, besides the business credit history and/or the business checking deposit balances....it would also greatly help if you have a strong personal credit history ...so its a mix of those 3 things in reality ... whatever the case is ...just take your time and make sure its the move you want to make.

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 5 of 31
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@hussain99 wrote:

Manny121

This may be the case when dealing with a banker but my DH was just approved for the Ink Bold and he did not have a business checking account or a long history with Chase so YMMV. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

In my view, for business cards, whatever you need to do to qualify for the Ink cards is well worth the effort.  For my money (aside from my bias towards Amex), I'd have to say objectively that the Inks are the "best in class" business cards.

I think they're even better than Amex, especially if their Bold can mimic Amex's dynamic true NPSL.

PS - Unlike other Banks, Chase has a very comprehensive business ID procedure.  They won't even accept a "business checking account" as proof a business exists, unless it's from them.

Message 7 of 31
n777ua
Established Contributor

Maybe its different going through a banker, but my Ink was approved fairly easily with no business relationship with Chase.  Also, if you scan the interweb there is TONS of people getting this card for the sign up bonus that don't even have a real business.  Selling something on eBay ? Then you have a business.  However, when I apped I did have a TIN I used and an LLC setup which may have helped push the app through.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 8 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

n77ua, things may get ugly if chase ever does a review though. I wouldn't want to risk my chase accounts just for the sign-up bonus
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 31
kromix
New Contributor

For what its worth, none of the things mentioned here applied to me, but of course always YMMV.....

1) I have zero accounts with chase, only 1 ever and it was a Chase mortgage which I defaulted, short sold and Chase took a $160k loss, 6 years ago still on my reports.

2) Their Business ID procedure was basically non-existant, I don't have a business.

3) I have zero business established history

I was approved today for $3k. My lowest CL by $6k yet.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.