Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Instant Online Approval vs automated message

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Chase Instant Online Approval vs automated message

My cousin who was at my home this weekend applied for a chase card online on the night on 2/13. She got an instant approval with a message saying:

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the "Back" button on your browser.

Thank you for applying!

Now when she called 800-955-9900 it says your application is currently being reviewed and we will inform you of our decision in 2 weeks.

What does this mean?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Instant Online Approval vs automated message

Sounds like its approved, just that the phone system doesn't have all the information yet so it responded with the 2 week msg

Message 2 of 6
keith021
Regular Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

My cousin who was at my home this weekend applied for a chase card online on the night on 2/13. She got an instant approval with a message saying:

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the "Back" button on your browser.

Thank you for applying!

Now when she called 800-955-9900 it says your application is currently being reviewed and we will inform you of our decision in 2 weeks.

What does this mean?

It sounds like an approval to me as well. I remember when I applied, my application took more than a month to be approved, and I forgot I even applied until I received information in the mail. Good luck to your cousin!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@keith021 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

Thank you for applying!

What does this mean?

It sounds like an approval to me as well. I remember when I applied, my application took more than a month to be approved, and I forgot I even applied until I received information in the mail. Good luck to your cousin!

It finally says, congratulations your credit card has been approved. CL 10500 apr 14.24%

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, thats a very nice limit

Message 5 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Congrats, thats a very nice limit

Yes its a good limit and the icing is the 50k BA miles. 25k on approval and 25k after spending 2500$ in 3 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.