Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Intro Bonus Eligibility Question

tag
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Chase Intro Bonus Eligibility Question

Hey Everyone!

So my question is this: If i product changed my Chase Freedom card to the Unlimited version late last year, but obviously didn't get a sign-up bonus or anything, would I be able to apply for the Freedom Unlimited right now and get the bonus? (Earlier this year i PC'd the unlimited to the Sapphire, so i don't have it anymore).

Hope this question makes sense!

Thnks guys! 

Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Intro Bonus Eligibility Question

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey Everyone!

So my question is this: If i product changed my Chase Freedom card to the Unlimited version late last year, but obviously didn't get a sign-up bonus or anything, would I be able to apply for the Freedom Unlimited right now and get the bonus? (Earlier this year i PC'd the unlimited to the Sapphire, so i don't have it anymore).

Hope this question makes sense!

Thnks guys! 

Yes, you can get the bonus for the FU card.  The prior PC won't affect your bonus eligibility.

Message 2 of 7
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Great, thanks for the response!!

Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@acb5456 wrote:

Great, thanks for the response!!

You're very welcome and good luck

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question too because I did the opposite with my card. However, I want to get the CSP for the bonus and 1 year no AF to then PC to a FU when eligible, so I get that nicer bonus and my FU!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but the advice provided so far is incorrect.

To receive a signup Bonus on a Chase credit card you must not be a current cardholder of the specific credit card AND not have received a signup bonus for the specific credit card in the past 24 months.

So if you want to signup for a Chase Freedom Unlimited card and get the bonus you need to first product change your existing card to a normal Freedom (or Sapphire, etc.). Then you can apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited and receive the bonus if you haven't received the bonus on that product in 24 months. I'd wait a statement cycle after product change before applying as well.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saw you already product changed so yeah you are good to get the bonus.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.