Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase- JCM not AU!

tag
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Chase- JCM not AU!

The saga continues. My mother just called Chase to have me added as an AU. Apparently with Chase, AU's aren't reported to the CRA. You have to request to add a Joint Card Member. They then send a form for the JCM to fill out and you have to fax it back. Just an FYI.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase- JCM not AU!

From what I recall, AUs shouldn't be reported on the AUs report because the account is not their account.  I recently got 2 accounts removed from my report that I was an AU on but not an account owner.

Message 2 of 19
smc733
Valued Contributor

I'm an AU on a Chase Southwest card, and it most certainly DOES appear on all three of my reports (rather quickly, it did).

I'm also an AU on my father's Discover (in addition to mine), and that also does report.  AU reporting is a courtesy from the companies, and nothing more.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@seruby wrote:

From what I recall, AUs shouldn't be reported on the AUs report because the account is not their account.  I recently got 2 accounts removed from my report that I was an AU on but not an account owner.

I wonder if your score dropped due to removing the accounts.  They may have been helping your utilization or the AAoAs. 

Message 4 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

They do report AUs. All I had to do was go to Chase's website to add my AUs. 

Message 5 of 19
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:

@seruby wrote:

I wonder if your score dropped due to removing the accounts.  They may have been helping your utilization or the AAoAs. 

Actually the opposite.  It went up 20 points, because the account owner had high balances on both cards, like very near the credit limit. 

Message 6 of 19
seruby
Frequent Contributor

They will report it by default, but you can request it to be removed.

http://www.experian.com/ask-experian/20090901-authorized-user-accounts-can-be-removed-from-report-up...

Message 7 of 19
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Ugh!!! So confused! When my mother added me as the AU they didnt ask her for my SS. So I called back and asked. Thats when they told me about the JCM.

Message 8 of 19
smc733
Valued Contributor

@cgreer72 wrote:

Ugh!!! So confused! When my mother added me as the AU they didnt ask her for my SS. So I called back and asked. Thats when they told me about the JCM.

SSN isn't required.  They can look you up by name and address, especially if you live in the same house as the primary cardholder.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 9 of 19
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@cgreer72 wrote:

SSN isn't required.  They can look you up by name and address, especially if you live in the same house as the primary cardholder.

But I don't live at the same address. I would think they would have to have my SSN to report.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.