Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Lending CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Lending CLI

I called Chase to see about a CLI, I've never asked or received one on either of my Chase cards in the past.  The Freedom rep advised me there were no "promotions" attached to either of my accounts and any increase would be a hard pull.  I asked if there was any way around this and she offered to connect me with Chase Lending, the underwriting divison.  The rep there advised ALL requests are now HP.

Is this truly the case or would I have some luck with an EO?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Lending CLI

This has always been the policy when asking Chase for an CLI 

HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is certainly the case with CLIs when it comes to Chase.  There is simply no way around it.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately they are HP all the way when initiated by the card holder.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the case, and be cautious because if you request one through the lending, there is a chance they're going to grill you hard if there's anything that stands out on your CR. Regular agents won't have access to that information. But in the 2 years I've had chase cards I've received 4 auto CLS that doubled my limits. Every time I put a significant amount of usage on my card (nearly maxing the limit), and then paid it off in full, the next statement I've had an auto increase. I got my freedom from 4k to 8k with a 3k balance on it. They really like to see maxed spending I believe. Then they'll hand you more hoping you'll get in over your head Smiley Tongue.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.