Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Limit Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Limit Reporting

Is Chase ever going to report limits for world mastercards? I primarily use an amex and world MC, neither which report a limit (the former being a charge doesn't technically have one). Should I open another card just to get a high reporting limit?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Limit Reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Chase ever going to report limits for world mastercards? I primarily use an amex and world MC, neither which report a limit (the former being a charge doesn't technically have one). Should I open another card just to get a high reporting limit?

I do have Freedom World MC and same as yours, they reports my highest balance of 5.2k not CL of 9k.

Message 2 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do have Freedom World MC and same as yours, they reports my highest balance of 5.2k not CL of 9k.

Just call the backdoor number and tell them you want to do a product change from the World Card to the standard card. I called in March and was able to change my World Freedom to a standard Freedom and now my 50K shows instead of my High Balance of 15K. I was able to keep the same account # and a new card arrived in 7 days However, I discovered that having a large CL does not help with your utilization according to fico, The cutoff is 30K , but at least my limit shows
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by the cut off is $30K? Do you meant that if you have 50K credit line and are using 10K of it FICO will calculate it to be ~30% util?

I haven't heard that before and am wondering how you came to that conclusion?

Message 4 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

If you speak to the people at Fico they will tell you that anything over 30K may or may not be listed as a revolving account, it all depends on the CRA. I checked my reports and the chase account shows as a Revolving account, however, some accounts may show up as a Installment account. You are better off getting a good clarification from speaking to them
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticguy wrote:
I

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just call the backdoor number and tell them you want to do a product change from the World Card to the standard card. I called in March and was able to change my World Freedom to a standard Freedom and now my 50K shows instead of my High Balance of 15K. I was able to keep the same account # and a new card arrived in 7 days However, I discovered that having a large CL does not help with your utilization according to fico, The cutoff is 30K , but at least my limit shows

That's not an option in this case.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.