Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Limit and AoA question?

tag
physignathus
New Contributor

Chase Limit and AoA question?

Hi all ficoers, I plan to apply for Chase Slate( Preapproval ) and transfer all the limit to my CSP. But I wonder if I apply for Chase Slate and even I close it immediately, will it lower my AoA. Thanks for the knowledge and input from this webiste, I have improved my credit limit and my score alot. Any comment or answer is appriciated. 

EX: 704, EQ: 728, TU: 702. AAoA: 2.8 y
Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Limit and AoA question?

Yes, it will. The account will be reported, even if closed immediately. Thus, your AAoA will be lowered. 

Message 2 of 10
physignathus
New Contributor

Thanks heyamold for your quick respond.

Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 3 of 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

Thanks heyamold for your quick respond.

No problem! You could also apply for an Amex to offset the AAoA drop. 

Message 4 of 10
physignathus
New Contributor

I would like to but the problem is I dont use my Amex card that much. I barely use around 1k per month on my Amex. I just dont want to waste an hard inquiry. Thanks for your thought. 

Message 5 of 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

I would like to but the problem is I dont use my Amex card that much. I barely use around 1k per month on my Amex. I just dont want to waste an hard inquiry. Thanks for your thought. 

No problem. Why not just ask for a CLI on your CSP? I am guessing you just want to increase the limit? You'll be taking a HP regardless, but at least your AAoA will remain the same. 

Message 6 of 10
physignathus
New Contributor

I made the thread about asking for Cli for my CSP before. Due to available credit I have 113k vesus my income 77k, some ficoers already suggested that I might hit chase internal credit. I read somewhere that say chase is easier to let people get the new card vs cli on the current. That is why I think about apply the new card.

Message 7 of 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

I made the thread about asking for Cli for my CSP before. Due to available credit I have 113k vesus my income 77k, some ficoers already suggested that I might hit chase internal credit. I read somewhere that say chase is easier to let people get the new card vs cli on the current. That is why I think about apply the new card.

I see, yes that may be an issue. But if you have already hit your internal limit, applying for another card will have the same issue. Your internal limit is both for CLI and applications. 

Message 8 of 10
physignathus
New Contributor

Hi all ficoers, I just call to ask chase to cli my CSP without hard pull. They tell me that I can get cli up to 10k with soft pull. I am so happy to take an offer and now my CSP is 10k. Wow, I love chase.

Message 9 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

Hi all ficoers, I just call to ask chase to cli my CSP without hard pull. They tell me that I can get cli up to 10k with soft pull. I am so happy to take an offer and now my CSP is 10k. Wow, I love chase.

Congrats Smiley Happy 

Yeah I love chase minus their horrible Website lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.