Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Locked My Account

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Chase Locked My Account

Did my daily log in his morning on the chase account, mobile app state my account was locked. I freaked, afraid from the AA horror stories and especially double apping twice for chase cards (only picked up 3), so I tried loging in through the website on laptop found that it was locked because my grandfathered 7 character password was no longer permissible (?). Password cahnged, all is well. Phewwww lol. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Locked My Account

Phew!!!! I gasped when I read the subject line of your post.  Glad everything is OK. 

Message 2 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

Did my daily log in his morning on the chase account, mobile app state my account was locked. I freaked, afraid from the AA horror stories and especially double apping twice for chase cards (only picked up 3), so I tried loging in through the website on laptop found that it was locked because my grandfathered 7 character password was no longer permissible (?). Password cahnged, all is well. Phewwww lol. 

Same exact thing happened to me this morning, but my password was 14 characters and alphanumeric. I ended up having to change it. 

How about some heads up, Chase, lol?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew! Glad that worked out!

Message 4 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

lol Scary!

My credit union has a one-line error code for everything (including site maintenance)

"Your accounts are locked, Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx"

With a tax lien and intent to levy, it's no fun.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the warning!  I have the oldest most insecure password imaginable on my Chase login but they haven't locked me out yet.  I wonder if they're going through accounts slowly.  Maybe I should change that password anyway, ahead of time.

Message 6 of 7
padme
Established Contributor

Glad it worked out. I know what you mean,bits so hard to remember all these acts I have like 15+. Had to get them to post simultaneously
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.