cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Low Limit and Citi Thank You Preferred limbo...

tag
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Low Limit and Citi Thank You Preferred limbo...

@gogotexan wrote:

So, yesterday Chase approves me for the Freedom card.  Today I find out the limit is only $500.   I guess I should be glad I got a foot in the door. *shrugs*

Did anybody else start with an extremely low limit with Chase and have it increase?  Does Chase do auto CLIs? 

Also on yesterday, I app'd for Citi Thank You Preferred.  Got the 30 day message with them.  After speakign with them yesterday, they said they couldn't continue processing the app until I removed the freeze on my Equifax.  Well, that's not gonna happen so I just said forget it.  Then, this morning I get an CS alert that Citi pulled Experian yesterday.  So I call them again this morning, they deny pulling Experian and repeated the script about not being able to process the app until the EQ freeze is removed.  I asked them to delete the Experian inquiry then and the rep tells me to dispute the inquiry with Experian.  What gives? 

Edit: Sorry - forgot to Congratulate you! Smiley Happy

I started with a $400 back in 2005.  It sat at $400 until this year when they gave me a auto CLI of a whole $200.  What I will say is that once I did start "blowing it up" and paying it off a few times per month, that's when I saw the CLI.  Granted, not huge, but still something.  I was tired of the low limit so I took the hard pull for a CLI and was granted 4,000 from 600.  I just recently movedan additional $1,000 from another Chase card bringing it to 5,000. 

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.