Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

Chase MP Club Card Approval Weirdness

Long story short I applied for the Chase MileagePlus Club card (I am in airports at least twice a week and the first year fee was waived) and was approved. The screen indicated I was approved for 5k (no biggie as the only reason I applied was for the club access)... well I just called the application status line to confirm the APR and I got a congratulations your limit is 22k. This has never happened before... Anyone else have a similar experience? Shoot... I'll take it.

FICO: EX: 756 (8/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 732 (8/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 2 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 33 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Chase MP Club Card Approval Weirdness

UFGuy2006 wrote:

Long story short I applied for the Chase MileagePlus Club card (I am in airports at least twice a week and the first year fee was waived) and was approved. The screen indicated I was approved for 5k (no biggie as the only reason I applied was for the club access)... well I just called the application status line to confirm the APR and I got a congratulations your limit is 22k. This has never happened before... Anyone else have a similar experience? Shoot... I'll take it.

Very nice CONGRATS!!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
searchingfor67

Very nice! Is this your highest limit?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

I have that card and it's absolutely fantastic.

I was surprised to see you had only been granted a 5k CL since it's usually much higher than that. Given the kinds of people that would be seriously interested in applying (and their corresponding scores), the starting CLs are almost always well into the 5 digits.

22k is great, and if you use it heavily you might end up with an auto-cli in a few months.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

searchingfor67 wrote:

Very nice! Is this your highest limit?

No, thats why I was surprised. My highest card is with Chase.... figured the 5k approval sounded about right (with total exposure with chase). Thats why I was shocked to hear the approval was higher.

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 2 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 33 Cards

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

CreditScholar wrote:

I have that card and it's absolutely fantastic.

I was surprised to see you had only been granted a 5k CL since it's usually much higher than that. Given the kinds of people that would be seriously interested in applying (and their corresponding scores), the starting CLs are almost always well into the 5 digits.

22k is great, and if you use it heavily you might end up with an auto-cli in a few months.

Yeah I am pretty excited about it. I got the card mainly because of the lounge access.... my last 4 delayed flights pushed me over to seriously considering it. Besides... the extra perks with the card also make the deal sweeter.

Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

Old thread but anyway...

Congrats! I've heard stories where the screen always says 5K on approval, but their CL always ends up being much higher. The CPU automates the 5K, then the next business hour/day, the CSR will look at your numbers and put in the appropriate CL.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+