Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Made 3 Hard Pull for One Application

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Made 3 Hard Pull for One Application

I had app'd for the Chase Freedom on Nov 25th and experienced 2 HP's on the 26th from First USA,NA on EX and then from Chase on Transunion.  Then approved for 4k.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 11 of 35
rlx01
Established Contributor

Chase has been double pulling EX & TU or EX & EQ. it's not just border line approval. It happens to new (to Chase) accounts.

Once you've lowered your internal risk score they pull one.

They shouldn't pull the *same* CRA more than once since that, IMHO, is excessive.
Message 12 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:
Chase has been double pulling EX & TU or EX & EQ. it's not just border line approval. It happens to new (to Chase) accounts.

They shouldn't pull the *same* CRA more than once since that, IMHO, is excessive.

+1

Thankfully all of mine have been with one HP.

Message 13 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

+1

Thankfully all of mine have been with one HP.

Me too!  

Message 14 of 35
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the "Happy Pulling World" of Chase...my Freedom was a double double pull EQ and EX 2 days appart..first online app..2nd verification. My Chase Mariott 9 months later a single double pull same CRAs and thankfully at verification not again another pull this time. But Chase for sure holds 50% of my pulls....at least they approved with nice limits Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

They have double pulled me for both CSP and Freedom, even though I am not new to Chase (had an Amazon since 2004, and a Slate and a Select at other times).  Don't think I am borderline (CSP initially approved at around 23K) but maybe my internal risk score is high for some reason.  And same with Citi.

Message 16 of 35
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My Amazon visa was an instant approval but they double pulled EX and EQ. I apped for Freedom next day and they auto-declined without pulling. I was able to recon approval without anymore HP's.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 35
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thank you Guys for your valuable suggestions.

I only had 2 cards from WF and BofA with CL of $300 on both.

I am happy I got approved for 2 cards at once and sad got 4 HP from these 2 cards....

Finally Very Happy because , I JUST NOW GOT MY FIRST AMEX card... and got a CL of $6500  and $3000 in Chase Freedom (Yet to come). way too far from Max $300 CLI had on a single card.

And Amex did 1 HP and chase did 3 HP Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

Thank you Guys for your valuable suggestions.

I only had 2 cards from WF and BofA with CL of $300 on both.

I am happy I got approved for 2 cards at once and sad got 4 HP from these 2 cards....

Finally Very Happy because , I JUST NOW GOT MY FIRST AMEX card... and got a CL of $6500  and $3000 in Chase Freedom (Yet to come). way too far from Max $300 CLI had on a single card.

And Amex did 1 HP and chase did 3 HP Smiley Sad

Just part of the process in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the world of credit.  On the upside, you have acquired some very great CC products.  Treat them and grow them well!

Message 19 of 35
rlx01
Established Contributor

You're lucky to get AMEX with 1 HP.  They sometimes triple pull. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.