New Contributor
pats23

Chase Marriot Elite night

[ Edited ]

So looking at this card and it says for every 3k in net purchases you get a elite night?? what is an elite night? and if its what it sounds this seems like a crazy good perk.

Edit:: just opened my eyes, I understand now

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Chase Marriot Elite night

pats23 wrote:

So looking at this card and it says for every 3k in net purchases you get a elite night?? what is an elite night? and if its what it sounds this seems like a crazy good perk.

Edit:: just opened my eyes, I understand now

I don't have this one in my CC collection.  Enlighten us!  LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
djc1puno

elite nights are "points" earned towards elite membership...i don't remember on top of my head, but the more elite nights you earn the higher your membership status w marriott...of course the higher, then the more perks you get...:smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
FinStar

djc1puno wrote:

elite nights are "points" earned towards elite membership...i don't remember on top of my head, but the more elite nights you earn the higher your membership status w marriott...of course the higher, then the more perks you get...:smileyhappy:

Thanks djc1puno :smileyhappy:  Very informative indeed!

Valued Contributor
djc1puno

FinStar wrote:

djc1puno wrote:

you're welcome :smileyhappy: wish i was more informative tho...lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
FinStar

djc1puno wrote:

FinStar wrote:

djc1puno wrote:

you're welcome :smileyhappy: wish i was more informative tho...lol

LOL... it's all good.  I don't have this CC in my arsenal for the points and I don't frequent Hyatts as much, just occassionally if there is no alternative.

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

Marriott requires you to have a certain number of elite qualifying nights each year to gain/maintain status with them.

Silver = 10 nights

Gold = 50 nights

Platinum = 75 nights

Premier Platinum ~100 nights (unpublished level)

Silver isn't really worth anything, and the real benefits begin at gold. Therefore if you wanted gold status, you need to charge 105k per year through your Marriott card. The card comes with 15 elite nights automatically, so the remaining 35 x $3000 = 105k.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

CreditScholar wrote:

Marriott requires you to have a certain number of elite qualifying nights each year to gain/maintain status with them.

Silver = 10 nights

Gold = 50 nights

Platinum = 75 nights

Silver isn't really worth anything, and the real benefits begin at gold. Therefore if you wanted gold status, you need to charge 105k per year through your Marriott card. The card comes with 15 elite nights automatically, so the remaining 35 x $3000 = 105k.

+1  so true......just hope nobody tries to achieve Gold by spending only on this card ..LOL

FICO® EQ 800 (as of today) - TU 778 (10/28) * Fako EX 803 (11/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Silver Spade Garden Club member *

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

lg8302ch wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Silver = 10 nights

Gold = 50 nights

Platinum = 75 nights

+1  so true......just hope nobody tries to achieve Gold by spending only on this card ..LOL

I thought about doing it at some point just until I hit lifetime gold. With rollover nights, its easily doable in a few years.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}