Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriot Lifetime Question

tag
travisr0
Contributor

Chase Marriot Lifetime Question

I have the breakdown that shows requirement for marriot lifetime status, and I do have the marriot csrd, however I can't find a definitive answer on the totals for either points or stays.

Since I get marriot points form the card, if I accumulate the 1.2 million points over time from mainly CC use would I still get lifetime status down the road? Or do you have to have the 1.2 Mil plus all the stats needed as well.

Do the points translate Into nights stayed anyways?
Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriot Lifetime Question

You need both nights plus points. See below:

Lifetime Milestones

• Platinum Elite: 750 nights + 2 million points
• Gold Elite: 500 nights + 1.6 million points
• Silver Elite: 250 nights + 1.2 million points

For more details, visit MarriottRewards.com/Lifetime

Message 2 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lifetime Milestones

+1 ^^^ 

You need both. Remember ALL nights and points count. Rollover nights, nights earned from spend on the marriott card, your 15 annual nights from being a cardmember, all points from signup bonuses, megabonus, points from spend. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lifetime Milestones

+1 ^^^ 

You need both. Remember ALL nights and points count. Rollover nights, nights earned from spend on the marriott card, your 15 annual nights from being a cardmember, all points from signup bonuses, megabonus, points from spend. 

Right now I'm in the middle of the megabonus and have a few stays in. I haven't seen any points hit yet. It's only after it ends that I get the points, right?

Message 4 of 19
travisr0
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lifetime Milestones

+1 ^^^ 

Fantastic point jsucool76 I did not think of some of those at all. So the 15 nights I get for elite status count towards that cap? does it get reset every year for another 15 nights? And for every 3K 1 night counts towards that goal as well as the points from it?

Message 5 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

reading this thread reminded me to check my account 

they are pretty fast at awarding points i see (just applied for the card in Feb)

• 03/14/15
  • Bonus
  • PREMIER VISA - NON-MARRIOTT SPND
  • 785 points
  • 03/14/15
  • Bonus
  • PREMIER VISA - AIR/CAR/DINE SPND
  • 2,894 points
  • 03/14/15
  • Bonus
  • MR VISA ENROLLMENT BONUS
  • 70,000 points

Message 6 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lifetime Milestones

+1 ^^^ 

Right now I'm in the middle of the megabonus and have a few stays in. I haven't seen any points hit yet. It's only after it ends that I get the points, right?

Depending on what your megabonus offer is, you'll either get the points as the stays occur, or at the end. 

If it's a double points on every stay starting with the 2nd stay, up to x amount of points, you'll get them with each stay

If it's "Make x amount of stays by <date> and earn x points" you'll get the points at the end, or when you complete the goal. 

@Travis

Every year you get 15 elite night credits from the premier visa card. so every year you get 15 elite nights towards lifetime status, plus any nights you earn from spend. So if you spend 30k in a year, you'll earn a total of 25 elite night credits (15 from credit card status, and 10 for spending 30k (3k*10=30k)) plus any nights you earn from actual stays. 

Message 7 of 19
travisr0
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lifetime Milestones

+1 ^^^ 

Depending on what your megabonus offer is, you'll either get the points as the stays occur, or at the end. 

If it's a double points on every stay starting with the 2nd stay, up to x amount of points, you'll get them with each stay

If it's "Make x amount of stays by <date> and earn x points" you'll get the points at the end, or when you complete the goal. 

@Travis

Every year you get 15 elite night credits from the premier visa card. so every year you get 15 elite nights towards lifetime status, plus any nights you earn from spend. So if you spend 30k in a year, you'll earn a total of 25 elite night credits (15 from credit card status, and 10 for spending 30k (3k*10=30k)) plus any nights you earn from actual stays. 

Great, thanks for the clarification. Having that card helps a bit with those 15 nights applied per year basis. I am assuming it would be on your anniversary year the nights get applied. Also for the every 3K that gets spent that adds a day it also applies as points at the same correct?

Message 8 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yes, so 3k spend will get you 1 elite night credit towards that years (and lifetime) status, as well as 3000 points (or more depending on the category of the spend) towards lifetime status.
Message 9 of 19
travisr0
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Yes, so 3k spend will get you 1 elite night credit towards that years (and lifetime) status, as well as 3000 points (or more depending on the category of the spend) towards lifetime status.

@jscool76 Thank you for the information !

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.