Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriot Rewards/Premier After CO

tag
Silver12
Valued Member

Chase Marriot Rewards/Premier After CO

Greetings, all!

In 2010 I had a Charge-Off with a Chase Marriot Rewards card (balance was about $8000); I went on a payment plan and it has been PiF since about October of 2013 (sooner, but that's what the CR says).  I paid to a collection agency, but my credit reports don't show the CA, only Chase, and it is showing as a paid in full CO.

I am a Marriott-lover, and will be spending a few years abroad for work in a country that only has Marriotts (as far as Western hotels go), and would love to get back in the good graces of Chase and get that card back.

I'm curious as to what you all think - should I go for it?

The CO came at a time my girlfriend and I were having some issues due to her losing her job due to medical, and me having some medical issues as well.
  In additon to the Chase CO, I have a paid AMEX CO (back in with AMEX due to Optima), quite a few related lates showing, and quite a few lates showing on a Student Loan (which have been PiF and consolidated since - and showing "Pays as Agreed" even with the lates).  My big bad is a State Tax Lien, which was paid as soon as I was made aware of owing money (Lien filed, March 2011, paid April 2011).

My current reporting util is about 45%, though once my files update with my May payments it should show about 8%.  Income is decent, and I currently have two cards with 7.5k limit (including a Citi TYP World MC), one with 4.5k, one with 900 (the Amex Optima), and one with $750.  Also an AU on a BofA card with a 35.6k limit.

No lates or baddies in the last 2 years or so.  My most recent card was a Barclays Rewards MC with a 7.5k limit in March (immediate online approval for 1k, then called recon line and upped to 7.5 after explaining situation of my baddies).  AAoA is about 7.3 years, with my oldest account being from 1996.

I know that Chase often blacklists, but I am leaving in two months and would love to have that card in my wallet when I go.

Any thoughts on if it's worth it trying?  I was thinking maybe calling directly instead of applying online and inquiring about being blacklisted?

Oh - current scores (as of May 14) are: EX 662, EQ 672, TU 678 per MyFico, and this was with a 45% util so I assume it should go up a bit with my util reporting much lower.

Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Marriot Rewards/Premier After CO

Between the previous history, the Amex CO and the tax lien I would give you a 10% chance of approval. More time between your other baddies would work in your favor assuming you haven't been blacklisted. 

Message 2 of 4
Silver12
Valued Member

Thanks for the response...that's kind of what I figured.

Ironically, after I posted this I went down to get the mail, and there was a mailer with an offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier with 70k bonus points after $2k spending in the first 3 months....

Assuming it's not a pre-approval and simply sent to all Marriott Rewards members (I'm a platinum; stay at Marriott's way too much!).

Worth calling just to inquire about the blacklist status???

Message 3 of 4
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I would say bite the gullet and app. If your going away you mind as we'll try. Not to mention the worst thing that could happen is that they say no. You still will have a chance to recon it. I think a main issue will be that you racked up 8k on a travel card. If you will tell them you need it to travel they may not give it you for the fear of you abusing it abroad
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.