Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Rewards Card/Max Expose - Other Credit Limits

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards Card/Max Expose - Other Credit Limits

Just in case you didn't get the 70k bonus:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70p1ksh/

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 11 of 36
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Chase does have premium cards I will have to admit! But it's nice to see another Chase nay sayer such as msylef! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 36
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Quick question by the way to anyone who has this card. When they approved my wife on the phone, they said it would come in 5-7 business days. ( she isn't like us and requests expedited delivery). But how does it come since it's metal? Isn't it too heavy for an envelope?
Message 13 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

They can expedite it. The default is 5-7 days. In order to have it expedited she has to request for it
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 36
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It's unlikely they will do anything, though the possibility does exist. Just be careful with your utilization and reduce the number of account openings for the near future, and you should be fine. There have been instances where people got CLD / account closure though when the creditor determined he/she has too much credit compared to income. Only way to get around that is to either close some other useless trade lines, or start making more money.

+1.

The other thing to keep in mind is that NFCU is well-known for giving out large CLs that are often out-of-step with other prime lenders. Therefore it's generally not a good idea to use them as a basis for comparison.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 36
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Right I know that.. but she also has a Discover card and a citi card with a $21,000 limit and a $17,000 limit respectfully...

As far as my other question.. I know they can expedite it.. but she didn't ask for it. I was wondering since it's metal, does it come in a box or an envelope?

Message 16 of 36
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

It just comes in an envelope. It is not really heavy metal, it is thin metal, with plastic on both sides. A bit heavier than a regular CC though.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 36
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

I bit the bullet and applied for the Marriott Rewards Card anyway.. and they denied me and told me it was because I had too high of limits among other cards. Fine.. but that made my original point as to why I can't stand them...

Because they have limits on what they'll approve?  Every card issuer does.

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

I'm not used to Chase, but I know they're annoying.

They've never been annoying to me.  It seems odd to call a company that won't approve you "annoying".  It's your credit that you should be annoyed with. If you can't stand them then don't use them. If the material of a card overrules your inability to stand them then you might want to re-assess your priorities.

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

With her higest line at $20,000+ I felt $9k was a little low for her income...

It's not just a matter of income.  Card issuers do have internal limits on what they're willing to extend.  As an example, I have a 25K BCP yet my TrueEarnings is 6.9K.

@Mopar_Jones wrote:
 Isn't it too heavy for an envelope?

No.  It does not exceed 13 oz.

Message 18 of 36
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Why do you act if you gave birth to Chase and must defend them? What is it with some of you people on here that have to get so defensive towards other people's posts and opinions. Do you really not have anything better to do than to argue with people on here about something that doesn't even concern you to begin with?
Yes, I know every card issuer has limits on what they'll approve. However, like I said, I can't stand them. Their lending practices to me seem purely computer and algorithm based and very volatile.
I'm very happy they've never been annoying to you. However, they're very annoying to me. The fact that I used to bank with them and put almost $100k through their accounts a year never mattered to them. I also used to use JP Morgan for my retirement and investment accounts. That also never mattered to them. So why would I trust them with my money if they won't trust me with theirs?
Why would I be annoyed with my credit? I have a jumbo mortgage for $700k, two auto loans, a boat loan and probably 12 credit cards with over $120,000 worth of credit, with maybe less than 10% used. The reason they denied me was because I had too much available credit. Not because of my lack of credit. Yes, they annoy me because they wouldn't approve me. I do after all have a right to be annoyed by that. I have no problem getting approved almost anywhere else.
The material of the card is appealing to me. Since I don't spend $250k a year on a credit card, Chase's cards are unfortunately my only option as far as a metal card. My priorities however are in order, seeing as how I have accomplished everything else in my life and am very comfortable financially, I don't really have much else to worry about other than things such as what material my credit card is made out of. Most people would love to have the simple worries that I do in life.
Between by wife and I, our rental properties and our investments, we bring in just over $320k a year. That being said, yes, her being issued a $9k credit line is a little bit low. We don't typically use a lot of credit cards much, and our limits don't exceed $30k on any one card, but we do have multiple revolving lines of unsecured credit with limits over $100k. The fact that Chase doesn't take all of this into consideration is very annoying. Chase is nothing more than a big box bank and they are doing more harm than good to our country's financial systems. 9 out of 10 people I talk to cannot stand Chase, whether it be because of their lending practices or their banking practices. Some are perfectly happy with them, and that's fine also. However, there will come a day, believe me.
Another reason I can't stand Chase is because prior to the Dept of Education switching their student loan holdings around, Chase held a couple loans for my Master's degree a while back. While I was 'in school' for my DBA later on, the loans were obviously in deferral.. however, they for whatever reason marked off one month that I was late by 30 days. I don't understand how that could be possible while the loans were in deferral. Even after paying off all the loans in full, they still refused to take the mark off and it is still there to this day, regardless of who I've spoken with or what I've sent them to prove it was in deferral. That's also why my credit is lower than it should be.
Message 19 of 36
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Mopar_Jones wrote:

Why do you act if you gave birth to Chase and must defend them? What is it with some of you people on here that have to get so defensive towards other people's posts and opinions. Do you really not have anything better to do than to argue with people on here about something that doesn't even concern you to begin with?
Yes, I know every card issuer has limits on what they'll approve. However, like I said, I can't stand them. Their lending practices to me seem purely computer and algorithm based and very volatile.
I'm very happy they've never been annoying to you. However, they're very annoying to me. The fact that I used to bank with them and put almost $100k through their accounts a year never mattered to them. I also used to use JP Morgan for my retirement and investment accounts. That also never mattered to them. So why would I trust them with my money if they won't trust me with theirs?
Why would I be annoyed with my credit? I have a jumbo mortgage for $700k, two auto loans, a boat loan and probably 12 credit cards with over $120,000 worth of credit, with maybe less than 10% used. The reason they denied me was because I had too much available credit. Not because of my lack of credit. Yes, they annoy me because they wouldn't approve me. I do after all have a right to be annoyed by that. I have no problem getting approved almost anywhere else.
The material of the card is appealing to me. Since I don't spend $250k a year on a credit card, Chase's cards are unfortunately my only option as far as a metal card. My priorities however are in order, seeing as how I have accomplished everything else in my life and am very comfortable financially, I don't really have much else to worry about other than things such as what material my credit card is made out of. Most people would love to have the simple worries that I do in life.
Between by wife and I, our rental properties and our investments, we bring in just over $320k a year. That being said, yes, her being issued a $9k credit line is a little bit low. We don't typically use a lot of credit cards much, and our limits don't exceed $30k on any one card, but we do have multiple revolving lines of unsecured credit with limits over $100k. The fact that Chase doesn't take all of this into consideration is very annoying. Chase is nothing more than a big box bank and they are doing more harm than good to our country's financial systems. 9 out of 10 people I talk to cannot stand Chase, whether it be because of their lending practices or their banking practices. Some are perfectly happy with them, and that's fine also. However, there will come a day, believe me.
Another reason I can't stand Chase is because prior to the Dept of Education switching their student loan holdings around, Chase held a couple loans for my Master's degree a while back. While I was 'in school' for my DBA later on, the loans were obviously in deferral.. however, they for whatever reason marked off one month that I was late by 30 days. I don't understand how that could be possible while the loans were in deferral. Even after paying off all the loans in full, they still refused to take the mark off and it is still there to this day, regardless of who I've spoken with or what I've sent them to prove it was in deferral. That's also why my credit is lower than it should be.

hahaha this was great. I agree, people get an attitude and defensive on here real quick.  However, I cannot invalidate the helpful majority. I absolutely love this site.
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.