Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Rewards Card/Max Expose - Other Credit Limits

tag
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards Card/Max Expose - Other Credit Limits

2006 Cruisers 520 Express.. we found a show model back in 07... got it for about $400k less.. needless to say, it was a great deal!

Yes, Chase knows about the bk.. I had my first mortgage with them when I went through it. i actually reaffirmed it with them.. but regardless, the assets I had with them at the time didn't matter to them at all. I understand, a bk is a bk.. but any business can go under. The fact that I still had assets 2 years later meant nothing to them..

Although just recently, their only reason for denial was too much available credit.. which is annoying.. but better than a few years ago I guess..

Message 31 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Do you have any useless cards that you don't really need? Trim those and I think your chances should be pretty good.

Your last app was within 30 days right?
Call back door, and talk to an analyst.
Discuss about the options of closing or decreasing limits on other cards. See if he/she can get you an approval if you were to do that.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 36
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Yeah.. two capital one cards.. a lowes cards.. a macy's card.. and a truevalue discover card..

The limits only add up to between all those at about $10,000 though... and they are the first cards I got when I started rebuilding. I've been so back and fourth with wanting to close them.. I know they'll report for 10 years.. but in 10 years, they'll be so much older!

Message 33 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

You have several high limits navy cards as well right? Would u be willing to trim limits on any of your cards?

I would recommend you call back door, ask them about how much they want u to decrease your limits by, and then you can decide whether its going to be worthwhile for an approval by chase.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 36
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

$70k just through Navy Federal alone... I would get rid of my discover.. that's only $14.1k...

I'll give them a call again.. haha 

Message 35 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Keep us posted and best of luck!
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.