Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Rewards Card

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Chase Marriott Rewards Card

I've had the Chase Marriott card for a while now. Right now, I just keep it around for the free anniversary night. Anyone else just keep it around for the annual free night? I was thinking of PC'ing to the Ritz Carlton Card. But settled on getting back the Chase IHG card which I can the benefits without having to spend $500/night on a room. Also, I fell in love with Kimpton Hotels which is now an IHG brand of hotels. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards Card

I keep my Hyatt card around just for the $75 free night. I use it to add onto my existing Hyatt reservations and getting a $250 room for $75 is good. You can't PC Marriott to other co-brand cards unless Ritz is an exception that I'm not aware of. You can change between pure Chase cards like CSP to Freedom.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 2 of 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards Card

@adelphi_skywrote:

I've had the Chase Marriott card for a while now. Right now, I just keep it around for the free anniversary night. Anyone else just keep it around for the annual free night? I was thinking of PC'ing to the Ritz Carlton Card. But settled on getting back the Chase IHG card which I can the benefits without having to spend $500/night on a room. Also, I fell in love with Kimpton Hotels which is now an IHG brand of hotels. 

I have had the marriott card in the past I got it because I had status with marriott and there was a great signup offer. The card itself isn't very good and I rarely used it. The free night to me wasn't worth it. I had to struggle to find properties I could use my free night at, even though I travel a lot. Depending on the time of the year you can sometimes get those same properties for less than the AF once you factor in discounts etc. I currently have the hyatt card and find it a better value, since in addition to the free night there are usually some spend promos I take advantage of each year or sometimes cardholders are allowed discounted redemptions, which helps me since I often use my chase ur points toward hyatt stays. I don't have the IHG card but have only heard good things about it. 5/24 pretty much keeps me from applying for it since I don't want to add another app to my personal credit report, but that seems like its a card worth holding on to just for the free night.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.