cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier CC - new email offer

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Marriot emails me every week...often 2-3 times...with thi...

Marriot emails me every week...often 2-3 times...with this offer. Today, I actually got two within hours:

40,000 points and $100 credit for any Marriot

or 

the Standard 50,000 points. 

I have been very tempted to do it. The way I see it, this is one of those rare cards with an AF whose rewards justify having the card even if you never even use it!

The AF is more than offset by the complimentary free night (category 1-5) every year on your anniversay date as long as you hold the card. NO SPENDING THRESHOLD REQUIRED. Use it on a nice, expensive room....for just the $85 AF. Good deal.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 27
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Marriot emails me every week...often 2-3 times...with thi...

They are starting to do the same to me. Must resist temptation!...I dont even think its a pre-selected offer and definitely not a pre-approved offer from Chase because the email comes from Marriott themselves. Probably just an invitation to apply. I stay frequently at Marriotts throughout the years but dont think my credit is good enough for this card yet.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

There's a 70k offer floating around as well. When I logged into my Marriott account yesterday it was there. Anyone considering the Marriott card may want to check their account before applying.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
There's a 70k offer floating around as well. When I logged into my Marriott account yesterday it was there. Anyone considering the Marriott card may want to check their account before applying.

+1

50K is an "average" offer that has been available the past 3 years.  70K is the better one and you may find a link to the offer if it isn't on your Marriott account.

Message 14 of 27
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards Premier CC - new email offer

@Duncanrr wrote:

Just got a new email offer from Chase on their Marriott Rewards Premier CC.  Spend 1k in first 3 months and get 50k bonus pts and a free night stay (category 1-4) after account approval.  At one year anniversary date you get an additional 1 free night stay (category 1-5).

What do yall think about this card and what do yall think about this offer?

I say it is a good offer...however, when you are in the garden, EVERY offer seems phenomenal...Smiley Tongue

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 15 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I now find myself asking which card is the overall better offer, also taking into account the ongoing benefits: Hyatt or Marriott? I'm sure as hell not going to apply for both at once, but the one that I'll apply for next it isn't as clear as I first thought it would be. Any ideas?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 27
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Are you planning on doing a lot of traveling? I seem to remember Marriott status requiring significantly more nights than other chains. If you're traveling to less frequented destinations though, Marriott has more locations in more places.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 17 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
I now find myself asking which card is the overall better offer, also taking into account the ongoing benefits: Hyatt or Marriott? I'm sure as hell not going to apply for both at once, but the one that I'll apply for next it isn't as clear as I first thought it would be. Any ideas?

In my view, the Hyatt's initial value seems to be higher, especially since you can receive 2 free nights in any Hyatt along with a potential $100 credit if you go through Hyatt's site while booking a room.

For ongoing rewards, I think the Mariott might be a better deal, unless you were going to allocate a significant poriton of UR points into your Hyatt stays.  If it were me, I think UR points are the most valuable transferring to UA, while I'd rather accrue hotel points from a "pure" hotel card.

Message 18 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:
Are you planning on doing a lot of traveling? I seem to remember Marriott status requiring significantly more nights than other chains. If you're traveling to less frequented destinations though, Marriott has more locations in more places.

I already have Marriott gold status, and I use Marriott properties when I go to places where there isn't a Hyatt (or where I simply don't like the property). Most Hyatts are great, but there are a few properties and brands that I simply can't stand (Andaz in particular).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 19 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

In my view, the Hyatt's initial value seems to be higher, especially since you can receive 2 free nights in any Hyatt along with a potential $100 credit if you go through Hyatt's site while booking a room.

For ongoing rewards, I think the Mariott might be a better deal, unless you were going to allocate a significant poriton of UR points into your Hyatt stays.  If it were me, I think UR points are the most valuable transferring to UA, while I'd rather accrue hotel points from a "pure" hotel card.

This was my original analysis, and as a Hyatt platinum I'd get the 2 free nights plus 2 suite upgrade certificates (good for up to one week each). The other thing is that the annual Hyatt free nights are good for Categories 1-4, which actually encompasses quite a bit. The Marriott annual free nights are Cats 1-5, and that sadly leaves out a lot of places I normally like to travel to. It also gives credit for 15 nights per year which will help towards the push to lifetime gold.

From a pure points accrual perspective, Marriott wins hands-down. Every year they seem to run a 10 points per dollar bonus on gift cards, which equates to 27.5 points per dollar spent (10 base + 2.5 gold + 5 from CC + 10 from the gift cards). At a value of slightly under 1 cpp, I'd probably be getting ~25% rebate on hotel spending. This doesn't even count their quarterly promotions or travel packages, which will net a much higher cpp return.

Hyatt with their co-branded CC would net me 8.75 points per dollar, and even at 2 cpp would leave me at ~17.5% rebate. It's decent, but still lags behind. Most of my UR points go to UA as well.

If given a choice I'd rather use miles for flights and pay cash for hotels, since I'd be earning points for those hotel stays. Paying for J or F would cost  a lot more money out of pocket, plus I wouldn't be earning hotel points for award stays.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.