Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Rewards

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Chase Marriott Rewards

I was wondering if anyone had any recent information on the Chase Marriott Rewards.  I applied for the card on June 3rd and my application is still pending.  They pulled EXP in TX and I estimate that score to be around 730-740.  I have no baddies on my report except a 30 day late from almost 6 years ago.  I do have quite a bit of inquiries from last year but nothing in the last 6 months.  I have household income at about 165,000/yr.  They said I would find out in 30 days.  Is that normal?  I really wanted this card since I like Marriott.  Has anyone had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Rewards

If I recall, when I got my MR card, they said the same thing, then one day it arrived in the mail.  I didn't get word from them, it just showed up.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the premeier marriott visa sig.My income and credit scores are similar to yours. 2 days later I called the chase credit dept and they said approval was pending for $5K on the visa sig and it would arrive in 10-14 days. I had to call twice.The fisrt time my app was too new and hadn't been reviewed. The rep was snotty when she informed me that shockingly credit is harder to get now and so I must be patientand wait for an answer. Chase is apparently doing manual reviews for these cards.

I'd rather have this card over the sapphire. My new favorite, even over my world elite, is the new amex hhonors surpass card. It has a tiered system of 3/6/9 points per dollar. Thats the best rebate I've seen so far!

Message 3 of 4
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice.  After several phone calls to Chase, I was finally able to talk to the lending department where they verified some information and approved me for $16,500.  I realize this is a signature card and the limit won't report but my job requires a lot of travel and I almost exclusively stay at Marriott.  Thanks again everyone!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.