Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Mastercard help

tag
jj15
New Contributor

Chase Mastercard help

I sent Chase Mastercard a GW asking them to remove some lates from 2006 and they rejected me, saying they had enclosed the corresponding statements as proof of why my GW was rejected. Well, the statements they sent me ARE ALL FROM 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so stupid! I mean, did they even read my letter????? How amazingly frustrating that these imbeciles are ruining my chances at imrpoving my FICO score. Besides, I wasn't even late, these are errors. Should I dispute online? Or write another letter CM RRR???
01/05/08 EQ 598 TU 612 Experian 599
01/25/08 EQ 605 TU 620 Experian 599
08/04/08 EQ 658 TU??? Experian 635
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Mastercard help

jj15 wrote:
I sent Chase Mastercard a GW asking them to remove some lates from 2006 and they rejected me, saying they had enclosed the corresponding statements as proof of why my GW was rejected. Well, the statements they sent me ARE ALL FROM 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so stupid! I mean, did they even read my letter????? How amazingly frustrating that these imbeciles are ruining my chances at imrpoving my FICO score. Besides, I wasn't even late, these are errors. Should I dispute online? Or write another letter CM RRR???

Write another one. And another. Make them tired of you or until you reach someone who cares.
Message 2 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

So you are GWing invalid lates?  If you are certain this was the case and it was their error, dispute at this point.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 12
jj15
New Contributor

Yes, SmartCookie, I am GWing invalid lates. They are reporting me as being 90+ days late for 4 consecutive months in 2006, all of which I was paying them through my DMP. They sure took my payments and credited my account every month in question, so why should I be counted as late? The ONLY thing they MIGHT be saying is that the DMP paid them after their due date, but they should delete the lates if this is the case... hence why I'm writing them a GW to make that point. So should I send it snail mail or talk to someone on the phone?
Message 4 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

The ONLY thing they MIGHT be saying is that the DMP paid them after their due date, but they should delete the lates if this is the case... hence why I'm writing them a GW to make that point

The DMP is not responsible for paying on time.  You are.  While most CCCs were cool as long as the bill was paid around the same time each month Discover was not.

I paid my DMP bill on the 2nd of each month and they way they did their processing, the CCCs sometimes didnt get paid till the 12.  Discover wanted the bill to be paid by the 11th so twice I had to pay the minium due.

Also when did the lates happen?  When you started the program or in the middle.  If in the middle, make sure that Chase did not drop you from the program or raise your minimum payment.  BofA diud that to me when I got a sames card.  Did you apply for credit while in the program?

They only black mark on my credit was when BofA droped me from the program and I wound up with mulitple 90 lates on my CR.  Funny thing was that the added me back in the program and charged me more interest and doubled my payment.  The never called me.

I cannot stress that you still need to activly manage your CC accounts while in the DMP and make sure the bills are paid on time.

Message Edited by marty56 on 01-03-2008 06:26 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 12
jj15
New Contributor

Marty, these "lates" happened the first 4 months I was enrolled in the DMP. It's not my fault it took Chase 4 months to update their records so as to reflect what they agreed to with my DMP. I had no idea about synchronizing all the due dates with the DMP or that if my DMP paid the credit card in the middle of the billing cycle, it would be misconstrued as late. I check my DMP statement online OBSESSIVELY and I've never been late.
Message 6 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

Yopu should be able to check with the DMP to make sure that Chase agreed in writting back to them about the proposal for the amount to be paid and the date your enrollment to start.  Most but not all  the creditors while I was in the program did.  If they did, then I would have the DMP contact Chase. 

Do your Chase statements now show that the account is being paid on time and then is no past due?.
Message 7 of 12
jj15
New Contributor

OK, Marty, I will do that. Chase is reflecting as current and no late balance. I will call my DMP. Thanks!!
Message 8 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Oosh that happens far too much with DMPs. 

Marty pegged everything very well for you jj15.

Sorry this happened...

Try another GW letter... keep moving up the ranks... re-send every 4-6 weeks or so, or immediately if you get an unfavorable response back.  Be very nice in the GW letter no matter what is really going on in your head that you'd like to say to Chase... stick to the facts and really explain how you were trying so hard being responsible and the DMP completely unbeknownst to you apparently was not paying on by the correct days.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

Also see if Chase will change your due date to be a few days latter then you know the DMP will pay them.  My DMP program only processed payments on tuesday so sometimes there wasy a 7 day delay in them sending the money out between the time I paid them and they made the payment.

Good luck and I hope that the resolve the issue for you soon.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.