Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Mileageplus cli at activation

tag
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Chase Mileageplus cli at activation

Received my mileage plus explorer today. CL of 2000. Called the recon line for CLI before activating. No dice. The lady pretty much said they don't do CLIs on new accounts even before activation. I have to wait 90 days. Is this normal? Doesn't look like it based on other threads. She didn't look at anything. Should I call again in a few hours?

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Mileageplus cli at activation

I have a cap1 with 2000. Got approved for a Barclays arrival for 2500

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

You could call again but it would probably be a Hp
Message 3 of 11
SPreb
Regular Contributor

thanks!

HP is not going to give them new information. there have been no updates and the last HP was 10 days ago. I am still debating.......

Message 4 of 11
SPreb
Regular Contributor

prbly a newbie question. But hey I wont know if I dont ask Smiley Happy How long do you guys wait before second recon call?

Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can call whenever you like- true Hp will not give them new information but it doesn't mean they won't pull anyway.
Message 6 of 11
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

If nothing has changed on your CR since approval, why do you think they should change the CL they initially assigned you?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:
If nothing has changed on your CR since approval, why do you think they should change the CL they initially assigned you?

+1

Message 8 of 11
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies. U guys obvsly know more than I do. Have learnt a lot from various posters. Thanks!

Anyway, I called them. Lady said something about the 90 day policy only being for cards that are activated and in use. Since mine wasn't she could take a look at it. But of course she wanted to do an HP. I declined. I will live with the 2k.

On another note, how sensitive are Barclays to new accounts. I got approved for both Barclays and chase the same day. Chase hasn't reported yet. Barclays reported even before they mailed the card and interestingly my score went up by 6 points once the new account posted

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SPreb wrote:
Thanks for the replies. U guys obvsly know more than I do. Have learnt a lot from various posters. Thanks!

Anyway, I called them. Lady said something about the 90 day policy only being for cards that are activated and in use. Since mine wasn't she could take a look at it. But of course she wanted to do an HP. I declined. I will live with the 2k.

On another note, how sensitive are Barclays to new accounts. I got approved for both Barclays and chase the same day. Chase hasn't reported yet. Barclays reported even before they mailed the card and interestingly my score went up by 6 points once the new account posted

Very sensitive... like a jealous lover...LOL.  Circumstances/situations can vary - no rhyme or reason (just some documented anecdotes).  For instance, let's say you get Barclays and within a 2-3 week span from its approval you decide to have an application bonanza, or if they happen to notice an unusual utilization spike, then you risk your lovely being CLD or closed altogether.

Now, provided your Barclays and Chase are the only new/recent TLs, then you should be ok.  Just hold off from applying for anything crazy within the next 6-9 months and manage your utilization wisely.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.