Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Military Star MC CLI

tag
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Chase Military Star MC CLI

Just logged in and noticed I got a $3K CLI sometime in the last month!  Started with a $6K limit in Apr 08.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Military Star MC CLI

Time to make a PX run! Smiley Very Happy --or I guess a BX run for you Air Force types.

Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey rubaty how were your scores when you applied for the chase MSC i apped about a month ago i recieved

a 4,700.00 approval for the retail card i have had the clothing card for 8 years chase denied me thought kinda wierd

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT miss a payment on this card, it can end your carreer. Thank goodness mine is gone, never again. Do they offer online payments these days?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Star Card default = No state/federal tax return refunds until it's paid.  No stimulus checks until it's paid.   Military/Federal regular pay garnishment, Article 15, Big Chicken Dinner (BCD).

It haunts you worse than just on your credit reports.

Message 5 of 15
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey rubaty how were your scores when you applied for the chase MSC i apped about a month ago i recieved

a 4,700.00 approval for the retail card i have had the clothing card for 8 years chase denied me thought kinda wierd

I think my scores were between 720 - 740 as it was at the end of alot of acquiring lots of new credit.

I'm at Ramstein and Chase was really pushing the card last spring and I never heard of anyone getting denied.  I have had the store card since 1989.

Message 6 of 15
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
DO NOT miss a payment on this card, it can end your carreer. Thank goodness mine is gone, never again. Do they offer online payments these days?

The only way it can end your career is if you don't pay what you owe.

I get letters all the time for enlisted folks missing their payments and 99% of them take care of it immediately once they realize sq leadership knows about it.

I have been paying online since 2005.

Message 7 of 15
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Time to make a PX run! Smiley Very Happy --or I guess a BX run for you Air Force types.

Congrats!

Thanks...DW said no to the BX run!Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 15
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

same thing happend to me..I was approved for a retail miltary star but not Chase..not sure why..i was wanting the chase bc i could use anywhere
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 9 of 15
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

FYI,

this is how I got Chase to increase my credit limit on my Chase Military Star Master Card.

I received a CLI for my Military Chase Star MasterCard two days ago. This is how I did it. I called and spoke with the CR. She asked me a few question and approved me for $1000 increase. I said that have the card for over four years and that I have an excellent credit score as well as payment history with them. Then she asked me why I wanted the increase. MY responded was: "the card has an excellent rewards program and if they increase my credit limit I can stop using other cards and used only theirs". I was then transferred to an account manager. She reviewed my entire credit report with me. She asked me about some outstanding balances and I said that I usually pay my balances in full by the end of the month. After a few more questions she said the following "I approved the CLI but I have to send it up for management approval. You'll have an answer in two or three days" Three days later I checked my account online and to my surprised, they increased my credit line from $2000 to $8000.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.