Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Minimum Payment Lawsuit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Minimum Payment Lawsuit

I received a settlement check in the mail from this class action lawsuit.  It was from a Chase account that I used to have.  I ended up settling the old debt for 30% of what I owed.  I've had a negative mark on my credit report ever since.  I know that if I ever make any payment, toward the account, the clock resets for another 7 years.  What if I cash this check?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Minimum Payment Lawsuit

I don't think cashing the check is going to affect that, but this is purely my opinion. The settlement is for them compensating for whatever wrong they have done (with or without admitting fault), and you settling the debt is another matter (unless its related to your debt settlement directly). 

then again, if i were u, i would talk to a lawyer or accountant to be 100% sure. try to find those with 1st free consultants and they should shed some light.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a settlement check in the mail from this class action lawsuit.  It was from a Chase account that I used to have.  I ended up settling the old debt for 30% of what I owed.  I've had a negative mark on my credit report ever since.  I know that if I ever make any payment, toward the account, the clock resets for another 7 years.  What if I cash this check?

Cash the check...It wont reset 

Message 3 of 4
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think it resets for another 7 years its 7 years after the first time its late..

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.