cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Multiple Products, Single Inquiry Experiences?

tag
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Chase - Multiple Products, Single Inquiry Experiences?

I am currently considering applying for some of Chase's products, specifically looking at the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Chase British Airways Signature Visa.

Anyone applied for multiple Chase products in a day and only recieved a single inquiry?, and for those on the east coast what CRA was pulled? I`m in PA.

I have heard of success applying for multiple products in a day, w/recon on the second app, but wasn't sure if another inquiry is pulled for the recon.

Looking forward to any experiences!

Thanks!

UPDATE: Pulled the trigger on the British Airways Visa Signature, and got a hard pull on both TU and EX!!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase - Multiple Products, Single Inquiry Experiences?

In MA they pulled EX for me (for 4 cards over the last year). It is my understanding that two apps will result in 1 HP (with app 2 being denied and having to recon). YMMV however but this is what I have come to learn from other posts.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 2 of 11
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I recently apped for Freedom and CSP (within about 8 days of each other). 2nd card was not instant approval, but was approved within about 30 mins (called app status line). Only had one hard pull. I am in MI, and they pulled TU for me.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 11
Voodard
Contributor

OP:

Your FICO scores are high enough to where if Chase made two HPs you'd be just fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 4 of 11
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

I pulled the trigger on the British Airways card, instant approval BUT they pulled both TU and EX!! Ouch!  Anyone else seen this?

Inquiries at the time of application EX (1) EQ (0) TU (2)

Message 5 of 11
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

It's not uncommon for a bank to hard pull one CRA while softing the others. Are you sure they were both hard?

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 6 of 11
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yes, TU and EX, both were hard pulls, confirmed via USAA Credit Monitoring.

Message 7 of 11
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

OK. That's surprising that it went through that way.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 8 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

That sound great a la AMEX style

Im in MA and they pulled EX for me.

Message 9 of 11
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I was surprised given that I do not believe I was a marginal approval, and the fact that I have two other Chase Cards with a 10+ year history. The only baddie I have on any of my reports is a 30 day late from March 2009.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.