Did you mean: 

Chase New Year's Gift of Higher Interest

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Chase New Year's Gift of Higher Interest

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

Prime Rate increase about a week ago so makes sense.

Agreed, Elim. The unusual thing is that the 15.99% rate is still showing on the website! Very interesting. 

It probably would be best for them to correct their website so that they are providing accurate, current information to customers.

She has a point.  The other card companies (though not all) list the new rate.  Citi, BOA, etc.  But, barclays still lists the same rates in my profile, and on my statements.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 34
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Rates on almost all cards that I know of are variable and subject to APR increases at any time weather you've received your card or not sadly 

The days of fixed rate cards are long gone and probably never to be seen again 

As stated above look for all lenders to hike rates (025%)

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:
Sadly I don't think we'll see any additional fixed rate cards either. But Chase should probably correct their information on the website. Smiley Happy

You may not be a fan, but fixed rate cards still exist with CU's.

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&num=100&site=&source=hp&q=credit+union+fixed+rate+cards&oq=credit+union+fixed+rate+cards

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Rates on almost all cards that I know of are variable and subject to APR increases at any time weather you've received your card or not sadly 

The days of fixed rate cards are long gone and probably never to be seen again 

As stated above look for all lenders to hike rates (025%)

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:
Sadly I don't think we'll see any additional fixed rate cards either. But Chase should probably correct their information on the website. Smiley Happy

You may not be a fan, but fixed rate cards still exist with CU's.

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&num=100&site=&source=hp&q=credit+union+fixed+rate+cards&oq=credit+union+fixed+rate+cards

SDFCU has 6.99%* fixed, no AF and no BT fee.

Message 33 of 34
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I agree that the banks should list the current APRs. Yes they are covered should someone file a claim against them, but if they have time to update the information for all current cardholders (including ones who have not even received their cards), then they have time to update their website. As has been stated already, most of the other CCCs have (I personally know both AmEx and C1 has as I did prequals for both yesterday) , so why not Chase?
**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.