cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Newbie (approved for CSP) - advice on CLI, payments?

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Newbie (approved for CSP) - advice on CLI, payments?

thanks @wHiTeSoL

i always thought that Freedom is a cash-only card. that's great that it enhances UR churn.  but the $1500 limit per category per quarter is a bit low for me.   Ink bold would be awesome to have but i imagine that i will need some time for history to get it. 

i have enough cards to keep me busy while hitting that minimum spend. not only do i have to clear 3k and 5k for CSP and SPG, but potentially the 10k spend on citi (if approved).   And i would like to hit that $30k annual spend on my PRG before the AF hits me in Dec.

Message 11 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@PointLager wrote:

i always thought that Freedom is a cash-only card. that's great that it enhances UR churn.  but the $1500 limit per category per quarter is a bit low for me. 

Is 30K UR points a year on $6K spend too low for you?

@PointLager wrote:
under a year of credit history.

Given that I'd suspect that you need to put in the time before getting a CLI.  However, if you're still wanting one expect a HP.

@PointLager wrote:

is Chase generous with CLIs at 6m 

It's not just a matter of X time but one's credit as well.   I have no idea as I quickly hit my internal limit with Chase (I have 4 cards from them) so they haven't given me any CLI's.  My wife, on the other hand, has been auto CLI'ed twice since she got her UMPE ~2 years ago but her her credit has been pretty strong after getting out from the DMP she was in.

Message 12 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@PointLager wrote:

Hi guys,

What a fanstatic forum. This has helped tremendously.  Not just for the "sport" of managing my credit but for such positive outcomes of going for the scroe growth and benfit rewards.  Thank you to all who manage to chime in.

Anyway, Just got my first Chase card (first app to chase) - CSP $5k limit.  I didn't need to recon but when applied online i was told to call during business hours. As soon as the credit rep answered and pulled up my file i was told i was approved.  

I would appreciate some feedback on:

1)  I would like to ask for CLI when i call in and activate the card.  ideally i would like While I appreciate the CSP I like to put at least $2k on a card per month (3-5k per month in spend) and don;t want to worry about utilization anymore like i did when i had the $500 limit cards.      When i call in i will make sure to tell them i don't want a HP

2) is Chase generous with CLIs at 6m or are all CLs a HP? if that is the case i will not bother. have 7 HPs on EX now and 5 on TU so reserving HPs for bonus signups down the road.

3) does chase care if you make a large number of payments on the card during the billign cycle?  if they dont budge on 5k limit i will look to paying my card weekly (say $300-$500 payments). my understanding is that only amex cares that you make one large payment vs many small ones.  wonder if it's the same with Chase?

4) Finally,  does Chase give you instant credit when you make a payment from a Chase checking account?   i LOVE how Amex gives you credit even before your ACH payment clears.   BofA sucks in that regard.... i don't get credit until the next day even if i pay from a BofA account.  

EX FAKO:   720, 7 HPs

TU FAKO: 699

Amex PRG,  Delta Gold 6k, Cap One 500, BofA 500

Approved today: Amex SPG 5k, CSP 5k.

Pending EO recon: Citi Executive AAdvantage World Card (100k bonus offer)

Congrats on your CSP!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 13 of 14
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval, welcome to the CSP family!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.