Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase No... USBank YES for help!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase No... USBank YES for help!

I think I had posted about trying to remove myself from a joint card with Chase and it took months for them to get right forms and back to them etc... and they not only said NO to remove me but they promptly closed the account for good and reported it closed with the balance and all that but at least still seems to be reporting the highest balance so shouldn't kill me in scoring hopefully!

Anyway yesterday asked for a hardship program on the account... The lady was not very helpful, very **bleep**ue about any options... I was looking for lower interest rate and maybe lower payments but I said I would do normal payments with lower rate and she just pointed out that my 11.9% is better than any current Chase cards in the end I didn't qualify but she would be happy to transfer me over to the Credit Counseling company that they use... which maddens me to no end that banks use to treat credit counseling like BK and now they have exclusive ones they work with....

Anyway so hung up with her and called USBank and they transferred me to the department for that and he says I see that you just came off a 1 year hardship (7.9% fixed and payments of $332... this month went back to 13.24% and $414 payments)

He said the only thing he could offer me is this plan called like finish it or something... Fixed payments for 48 months at 0-4.9% depending on approval to make the account paid off... I qualified for 4.9% for $424/Month.... I am so excited by this because I really want to fix this and this Chase and USBank accounts are my only debt other than $9k car and $1700 student loan.  I have been working really hard to get things cleaned up on my report and get the debt paid off.  I should note this account is also closed but USBank continues to report open in good standing until the balance is $0 then it will just report closed in good standing... They are such a great bank to work with... hopefully I can down the road in better circumstances!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase No... USBank YES for help!

I am also US Bank customer. You find US Bank's customer service head and shoulders above the rest.  They are a  conservative lender. At this time, I will not bank with anyone else.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase No... USBank YES for help!

I opeened the credit card in 2005 with an initial $15k limit... over the years it has increased to what it was last year when closed $22,500.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.