Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Not Transferring Credit Limit Without Hard Pull

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Not Transferring Credit Limit Without Hard Pull

@amdm2013 wrote:
Spoke to Chase. They wouldn't approve another cc, but approved to close my Freedom and move the 6k CL to CSP, which is exactly what I wanted. Thanks Shock for the encouragement!

Congrats my man! So let me recap, and correct me if I'm wrong:

1. You apped for a Slate and got approved for 2k.

2. Then you apped for a Freedom and got approved for 4k, both same day, or within a few days of each other.

3. Then you transferred the Slate line to the Freedom for a total of 6k.

4. Then you apped for a CSP and got denied.

5. Then I bullied you into reconning.

6. At recon, they told you they can approve you for the CSP on the condition that you close your Freedom and transfer the line over.

Yes, no, maybe, a little bit?

Great news!

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 21 of 25
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

@amdm2013 wrote:
Spoke to Chase. They wouldn't approve another cc, but approved to close my Freedom and move the 6k CL to CSP, which is exactly what I wanted. Thanks Shock for the encouragement!

Congrats my man! So let me recap, and correct me if I'm wrong: Thanks!

1. You apped for a Slate and got approved for 2k. Correct, applied the next day after Freedom app. I received a invitation mail offer

2. Then you apped for a Freedom and got approved for 4k, both same day, or within a few days of each other. Freedom was the first app for 4k. Received a mail offer as well.

3. Then you transferred the Slate line to the Freedom for a total of 6k. Correct!

4. Then you apped for a CSP and got denied. Correct!

5. Then I bullied you into reconning. Hahaha! Correct!

6. At recon, they told you they can approve you for the CSP on the condition that you close your Freedom and transfer the line over. On recon, they declined the CSP

app. So, I explained to them that I require the CSP and need to move the CL from Freedom to CSP, and close the Freedom. This was done, while I was on the phone

with the rep. My online account was updated immediately, and I could view the last four digits of my new CSP account onlne a few hours later. I asked when I could

request a CLI, and he said at anytime, once after they see some usage and payments to my account.

Yes, no, maybe, a little bit?

Great news!

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 22 of 25
Shock
Established Contributor

I told you Chase recon was legit!

One thing I'm suprised at:

You basically told them you needed to transfer the Freedom line to the CSP and they did it. Any reason given?

I suppose 6k is your total exposure, and it really doesn't matter what card you have?

Message 23 of 25
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I hope this policy isn't the way it will be done in the future... I hate it as I had a higher CL on Slate due to me transferring limits to it to accommodate the amount I wanted to have at a 0% rate. Ever since I've been knocking big chunks off of the amount they've never had any problem with moving my CL over to another card. However, I've been calling my CSP line which they've always been nicer.. hmm weird.
Message 24 of 25
Shock
Established Contributor

Higher tiered cards will get better customer service IMO.

Don't know if my following story is an anomaly or what but:

Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom numbers are different on the back of the card.

I've called the Amazon line a couple times, once recently, and once a year ago. On the receiving end was a rep from India.

Called the Freedom recently and it was an American.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.