Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Options

So I REALLY want the Chase Sapphire card but I know I have too many inquiries: 10 over the past 12/18 months - 3-4 for mortgages (no longer in the market) 2-3 for the used vehicle purchased in 2016. My numbers as follows - Ex 735 Tu 759 Eq 721. No baddies, no Bkrups, no late or missed payment on anything. PIF every month in all cards. Lowest limit Chase Freedom $500 highest limits $3000 on a CapOne, Amex Delta. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Straight app for the CSP and risk denial because of inquiries and add another hp
2. Request cli on my Chase Freedom Unlimited and risk denial because of inquiries and add another hp
3. Request product change from Freedom to CSP without hp but no movement on credit limit as all Freedom account circumstances just transfer to CSP...which means same puny limit
4. Sit in the garden until the end of 2018 and manage the hell out of my current cards and limits and then re-evaluate.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Options

don't count any over 12 months old. Lenders don't. 

Also lenders are supposed to lump  AUTO and Home INQ's together so they count as a single one for each group. 

if your UTL is good, chase will probably give you a chance if you have been responsible with your cards.  Chase has been SP'ing since you got your card, they know you and will make the determination base on its internal score, not your FICO's.  If they deny you they will state it was because of FICO, but really its your internal score that matters once you are a customer. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamesdwi, my util is less that 10%. One thing I forgot to take into account is Chase's 5/24 rule so apping I think is out. I'm pretty sure I have 5 accounts opened in the past 24 months. I'm leaning towards the product change.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot PC to a CSP unless your limit is 5k or greater. If you ask for a CLI on the FU and your new limit is >=5k, then it is possible, but not guaranteed.

I think after being with Chase for at least one year and perfect history otherwise, they will be willing to approve you for a CSP. 

^^Ditto to Chase Internal Risk score. My banker just blushes when I mention it, but doesn't deny that it means everything to them lol.

Message 4 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I think based on your scores and other info if it weren't for 5/24 rule you think you are under you'd be approved for the CSP. The question is exactly how bad you want it because missing out on the at the very least the minimum $5k SL is a hard pill to swallow when talking about a PC from your Freedom. I mean unless they consider moving that CL up when doing a possible PC takes into effect; I dunno how that would work exactly.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You cannot PC to a CSP unless your limit is 5k or greater. If you ask for a CLI on the FU and your new limit is >=5k, then it is possible, but not guaranteed.

I think after being with Chase for at least one year and perfect history otherwise, they will be willing to approve you for a CSP. 

^^Ditto to Chase Internal Risk score. My banker just blushes when I mention it, but doesn't deny that it means everything to them lol.

Thanks for the reply.  I thought the same thing...the CL for the CSP is $5000, but when I called to check, the CSR said I could do it.  Unless she didn't understand the question, but I specifically layed out what I wanted to do and she said no problem.  I didn't do it, but if there's no impact to my credit, then no harm no foul.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

I think based on your scores and other info if it weren't for 5/24 rule you think you are under you'd be approved for the CSP. The question is exactly how bad you want it because missing out on the at the very least the minimum $5k SL is a hard pill to swallow when talking about a PC from your Freedom. I mean unless they consider moving that CL up when doing a possible PC takes into effect; I dunno how that would work exactly.

Thanks for the reply.  I thought the same thing...the CL for the CSP is $5000, but when I called to check, the CSR said I could do it.  Unless she didn't understand the question, but I specifically layed out what I wanted to do and she said no problem.  I didn't do it, but if there's no impact to my credit, then no harm no foul.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Smiley Surprised?! That is crazy! I am going to call and see if I can do that too.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What Smiley Surprised?! That is crazy! I am going to call and see if I can do that too.

Please let me know what they say.  The person I talked to said everything about the Freedom would move to the CSP.  I also specifically said the reason I wanted to make a move was due to the puny Freedom credit limit and she said directly that that would not change.  The only why it would change is if I apped for the CSP or requested a cli...which would result in a hp. And since I'm sitting on exactly 5 accounts in the past 24 months, I can't apply.,,auto denial.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not eligible. Dang. I can only go back to a FU.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.