Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Options

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, not eligible. Dang. I can only go back to a FU.

So I think the issue was the first rep was clueless.  the rep I just talked to assumed my limit was over $5000 when she started the process.  When she got to that point, she asked if I wanted to request a cli and I said NOPE. LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
trant3
Established Contributor

If you dont mind a ding to your AAoA and still like to pursue the CSP, why dont you app for a NON 5/24 card like the IHG (your profile suggest you'll be approved), then reallocate the limit to the Freedom. Reason being, Chase is notorious to approve a new card with a decent limit rather than approving a CLI. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

If you dont mind a ding to your AAoA and still like to pursue the CSP, why dont you app for a NON 5/24 card like the IHG (your profile suggest you'll be approved), then reallocate the limit to the Freedom. Reason being, Chase is notorious to approve a new card with a decent limit rather than approving a CLI. 

Forgive my ignorance but I'm a little new to all of this so I'm not as familar with all of the  acronym: what is "AAoA" and "IHG"?

Message 13 of 22
trant3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but I'm a little new to all of this so I'm not as familar with all of the  acronym: what is "AAoA" and "IHG"?

Sure no worries. AAoA is average age of account. When you open new accounts your average age of account slight goes down. IHG referenced was the Chase IHG card, which is card where the 5/24 rule does not apply. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

Ok, so I get the acronyms are.  Is the IHG a high SL card?  If so, what is it?

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA=Average Age of Accounts

IHG = InterContinental Hotels Group, a card offered by Chase apparently not subject to their 5/24 inquiry rule.

Message 16 of 22
trant3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

Ok, so I get the acronyms are.  Is the IHG a high SL card?  If so, what is it?

Others can correct me if im wrong, I believe the IHG starts off at $5k

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $2000."

2k SL

Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jamesdwi wrote:

don't count any over 12 months old. Lenders don't. 

Also lenders are supposed to lump  AUTO and Home INQ's together so they count as a single one for each group. 

if your UTL is good, chase will probably give you a chance if you have been responsible with your cards.  Chase has been SP'ing since you got your card, they know you and will make the determination base on its internal score, not your FICO's.  If they deny you they will state it was because of FICO, but really its your internal score that matters once you are a customer. 

Just want to clarify that FICO doesn't consider HPs after a year, and FICO is said to factor HPs for a mortgage or auto loan as a single HP for FICO scoring purposes (assuming the HPs are done close enough together). 

However, any lender that is inquiry-sensitive will still see (and may or may not count) each HP seperately when considering an application... they aren't bound to the FICO 'bundling' rule.  Smiley Wink 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $2000."

2k SL

Smiley HappyThat's the same number I got when they forced me to move CL.

I'd look at Ritz instead of IHG for a non 5/24 card with high SL.

Ritz also has some of the same benefits of the sapphire card so you can start enjoying them even before the CL transfer and PC.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.