Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Re: Chase Options

sapphireminer wrote:

Nope, not eligible. Dang. I can only go back to a FU.

So I think the issue was the first rep was clueless.  the rep I just talked to assumed my limit was over $5000 when she started the process.  When she got to that point, she asked if I wanted to request a cli and I said NOPE. LOLSmiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

If you dont mind a ding to your AAoA and still like to pursue the CSP, why dont you app for a NON 5/24 card like the IHG (your profile suggest you'll be approved), then reallocate the limit to the Freedom. Reason being, Chase is notorious to approve a new card with a decent limit rather than approving a CLI. 

FICO EQ: 715 EX: 712 TU 719

Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Hyatt $16k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex Hilton $3k, Amex SPG $4k, Amex Everyday $5k, Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10.5k, Amex BCE $14k, BoA MLB $1k, NFCU cashRewards $22k, Discover IT $17.5k, Discover Miles $3k, Commence WM $7.5k, Fidelity Visa $7.5k, PenFed Cash $2.5k, PenFed Promise $15k, AEFCU Visa $9k

Valued Member

trant3 wrote:

If you dont mind a ding to your AAoA and still like to pursue the CSP, why dont you app for a NON 5/24 card like the IHG (your profile suggest you'll be approved), then reallocate the limit to the Freedom. Reason being, Chase is notorious to approve a new card with a decent limit rather than approving a CLI. 

Forgive my ignorance but I'm a little new to all of this so I'm not as familar with all of the  acronym: what is "AAoA" and "IHG"?

Frequent Contributor

GambitKing5150 wrote:

trant3 wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but I'm a little new to all of this so I'm not as familar with all of the  acronym: what is "AAoA" and "IHG"?

Sure no worries. AAoA is average age of account. When you open new accounts your average age of account slight goes down. IHG referenced was the Chase IHG card, which is card where the 5/24 rule does not apply. 

Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Hyatt $16k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex Hilton $3k, Amex SPG $4k, Amex Everyday $5k, Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10.5k, Amex BCE $14k, BoA MLB $1k, NFCU cashRewards $22k, Discover IT $17.5k, Discover Miles $3k, Commence WM $7.5k, Fidelity Visa $7.5k, PenFed Cash $2.5k, PenFed Promise $15k, AEFCU Visa $9k

Valued Member

GambitKing5150 wrote:

trant3 wrote:

Ok, so I get the acronyms are.  Is the IHG a high SL card?  If so, what is it?

Contributor

AAoA=Average Age of Accounts

IHG = InterContinental Hotels Group, a card offered by Chase apparently not subject to their 5/24 inquiry rule.

705 EX (3 INQ) / 705 TU (2 INQ) / 705 EQ (3 INQ) | AAoA: 8 months | CL: $5,250
Frequent Contributor

GambitKing5150 wrote:

GambitKing5150 wrote:

trant3 wrote:

Ok, so I get the acronyms are.  Is the IHG a high SL card?  If so, what is it?

Others can correct me if im wrong, I believe the IHG starts off at $5k

Contributor

"If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $2000."

2k SL

705 EX (3 INQ) / 705 TU (2 INQ) / 705 EQ (3 INQ) | AAoA: 8 months | CL: $5,250

[ Edited ]

jamesdwi wrote:

don't count any over 12 months old. Lenders don't. 

Also lenders are supposed to lump  AUTO and Home INQ's together so they count as a single one for each group. 

if your UTL is good, chase will probably give you a chance if you have been responsible with your cards.  Chase has been SP'ing since you got your card, they know you and will make the determination base on its internal score, not your FICO's.  If they deny you they will state it was because of FICO, but really its your internal score that matters once you are a customer. 

Just want to clarify that FICO doesn't consider HPs after a year, and FICO is said to factor HPs for a mortgage or auto loan as a single HP for FICO scoring purposes (assuming the HPs are done close enough together). 

However, any lender that is inquiry-sensitive will still see (and may or may not count) each HP seperately when considering an application... they aren't bound to the FICO 'bundling' rule.  Smiley Wink 

Established Member

[ Edited ]

sapphireminer wrote:

"If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $2000."

2k SL

Smiley HappyThat's the same number I got when they forced me to move CL.

I'd look at Ritz instead of IHG for a non 5/24 card with high SL.

Ritz also has some of the same benefits of the sapphire card so you can start enjoying them even before the CL transfer and PC.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.