Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC Slate to Freedom

tag
Reoxys
Established Member

Chase PC Slate to Freedom

So it seems like a bunch of people here have done a PC from a Slate to a Freedom.

To those who did: did Chase do a hard pull? Did they let you do the "spend $500 in the first 3 months and receive $100" thing? Did you retain your history?

I'm eligible to do the PC, so I am leaning in that direction.

Thanks for your input, folks!

Last App: November 12, 2013 - Wally World Discover. No more apps until my albatross (student debt) is gone
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase PC Slate to Freedom

As far as I know, there will be no hard pull but the offer won't be given if it's a PC.  I'd also read about people converting after a year of having the card, so I tried about two weeks ago.  I was told that a PC 'can't be done at this time,' with no reasoning, and that I could apply for the Freedom outright, although I've had the Slate for 22 months now.  I was pretty disappointed, but I'll sit on it for a few more months and just close the Slate/apply for the Freedom if a second attempt fails as well.

Please keep this updated if your PC attempt is successful, and good luck!

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 2 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Reoxys wrote:

So it seems like a bunch of people here have done a PC from a Slate to a Freedom.

To those who did: did Chase do a hard pull? Usually they dont do HPs for PC Did they let you do the "spend $500 in the first 3 months and receive $100" thing? This is only for new cardholders, so you won't qualify for this  Did you retain your history? Yes the history is the same as it's the same CL

I'm eligible to do the PC, so I am leaning in that direction.

Thanks for your input, folks!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 10
Stralem
Established Contributor

With Chase, it's better to just apply for the Freedom and then move the Slate credit line over.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 10
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

I've been trying for years to PC Slate to Freedom. The CSRs keeps telling me it's not available to PC right now but they keep telling me to call back every few months. It's been 2 years! Le sigh...

Message 5 of 10
Reoxys
Established Member

I decided to go ahead with the PC. I didn't want to take a hard pull for an entirely new account, and even if I don't get that sign on bonus, the Freedom will be much more worthwhile than the Slate.

Lin55, try doing your request through the online message center. I can't say that's a sure thing, but its worth a shot.

Do you use your Slate regularly?

Last App: November 12, 2013 - Wally World Discover. No more apps until my albatross (student debt) is gone
Message 6 of 10
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Reoxys wrote:

I decided to go ahead with the PC. I didn't want to take a hard pull for an entirely new account, and even if I don't get that sign on bonus, the Freedom will be much more worthwhile than the Slate.

Yeah that's how I feel. My Slate is 10 years old and has been socked drawed with a $1K limit for years. I don't want to lose the age on the account so I rather PC to a Freedom and use it. 

Message 7 of 10
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

I have a Slate, Freedom and CSP. I thought about moving the Freedom limit to the Slate then PC'ing to a Freedom. The APR is much less on my Slate and Chase will not budge on reductions. I also think a secure message would work better. You can also call the CSP line and get us based customer service. They will help you with your card even if you don't have a CSP. 

800-493-3319

Message 8 of 10
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

I have a Slate, Freedom and CSP. I thought about moving the Freedom limit to the Slate then PC'ing to a Freedom. The APR is much less on my Slate and Chase will not budge on reductions. I also think a secure message would work better. You can also call the CSP line and get us based customer service. They will help you with your card even if you don't have a CSP. 

800-493-3319

Your idea is inspiring! Have you tried it? 

Message 9 of 10
Reoxys
Established Member

So when I log in, it says Freedom, and under the "5% cash back status" heading it says "activated." I haven't yet received my new cards. If I use my old Slate card, will I get the bonuses?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.