Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC from Slate to CSP questions.

tag
lmashimaru
Valued Member

Chase PC from Slate to CSP questions.

Greetings everyone!

This post for my girlfriend who is considering a CSP.

She currently has 700-750 across all 3 reports, a medical graduate student, and has 2 credit cards currently.

I would say her loans give her 30k of income.

Her two credit cards currently are a Chase Slate, and a 1st financial bank. The Slate has a $2,900 CL with $2,500 on the card. The 1st Financial has a $10,000 balance and a 0 balance. Shes interested in getting a CSP. Would it be best for her to request a product change or simply apply for a CSP? Also what are her chances of getting a PC or a new CSP?

Thanks!

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AyalaZero
New Contributor

Re: Chase PC from Slate to CSP questions.

Good morning!!  Her scores are a definate plus.  Chase like to keep people in their loop, if she's had the Slate for over 6 months, I'd say her odds of approval are great!  Good luck!

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 2 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

App, IMO.. especially if she has that much on the card. (If those are the only options.)

The PC from Slate to CSP may not even be an option, so an application would probably be better especially because she's probably young, as well. (Might as well get the TLs while young and keep them throughout your life. )
Message 3 of 15
w003ptr
Contributor

A bunch of people on these boards bashed me not too long ago for putting loans as income on CC applications.  Tread lightly.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 4 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
App, IMO.. especially if she has that much on the card. (If those are the only options.)

The PC from Slate to CSP may not even be an option, so an application would probably be better especially because she's probably young, as well. (Might as well get the TLs while young and keep them throughout your life. )

And of course apping will allow her to get the bonus (40K UL) which wouldn't be the case with PC.   Also, if she was able to PC, what would she do with the balance, don't the CSP has a 0% offer for transfers.

Message 5 of 15
minhasandrew
Established Member

The CSP also has an income requirement somewhere between 25k and 35k.  I tried to get the exact number from the phone banker but he wasn't disclosing the exact number. Oh and Chase doesn't do product changes to the sapphire preferred so she would have to apply through the sapphire app directly. 

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 6 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

And of course apping will allow her to get the bonus (40K UL) which wouldn't be the case with PC.   Also, if she was able to PC, what would she do with the balance, don't the CSP has a 0% offer for transfers.

Mine didn't, I don't think. I think it's just a flat 15.24% no matter what. 

I agree with you regarding the sign up bonus, as well. 

Message 7 of 15
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

As previously stated, loans are debt, not income.

Message 8 of 15
minhasandrew
Established Member

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

Mine didn't, I don't think. I think it's just a flat 15.24% no matter what. 

I agree with you regarding the sign up bonus, as well. 

The csp doesnt have any offers for balance transfers or purchase apr. In reality the card isn't for people with shallow pockets.  (not saying I have deep pockets) 

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 9 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@minhasandrew wrote:

The csp doesnt have any offers for balance transfers or purchase apr. In reality the card isn't for people with shallow pockets.  (not saying I have deep pockets) 

If you don't mind opening and closing/PCing a year later, it is for anyone who can meet the minimum spend requirements, just for the bonus.   Certainly don't do this on a whole bunch of cards, particularly from one issuer, but this is really worth it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.