cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC from Southwest Siggy Visa to Freedom Siggy Visa?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Chase PC from Southwest Siggy Visa to Freedom Siggy Visa?

Anyone know if Chase will allow this product change?

I got my 50k promo miles and now I am looking to PC to avoid the anual fee...

Figured I would check here first before calling Chase.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase PC from Southwest Siggy Visa to Freedom Siggy Visa?

Ray,

I think you need to wait 13 months for pc under new credit card laws.  I asked Chase to change one of my Chase Freedom into Sapphire. They told me no. I don't think you can product change for co-branded cards. I could be wrong. You need to call them. You might need to apply for the card.

Ron.

Message 2 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ray,

I think you need to wait 13 months for pc under new credit card laws.  I asked Chase to change one of my Chase Freedom into Sapphire. They told me no. I don't think you can product change for co-branded cards. I could be wrong. You need to call them. You might need to apply for the card.

Ron.

Thanks Ron - not a big deal and I do not mind waiting...

Ray

Message 3 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure you cannot PC from a co-branded Chase card to a generic one. You might want to call up and ask.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Thanks - I was trtying to avoid the INQ! I am going to give them a call to see what they have to say.

Ray

Message 5 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

Ray,

I forgot to tell you this morning. They might take promo miles if you pc or close your SW Airlines Card just like my $200 bonus Chase Checking.  I need to keep at least 6 months.You have to check your card agreement came with the card. 

Ron.

Message 6 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Good point on that. I will just keep the card for at least a year... Not a big deal to me. I use it for a sideline business that I have and I will continue to build the Southwest Miles!

Ray

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.