Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC -- how long until it shows?

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Chase PC -- how long until it shows?

I just PC'd my FU to a Freedom because I have no use for the FU, thanks to some advice from K-i-B. I secure messaged Chase and they said I could keep my welcome bonus, APR, introductory APR, etc. They said the change was done and to expect the card in 3-5 days. The Freedom isn't showing in my account, it's still the FU. Do I have to activate it first?

Thanks!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase PC -- how long until it shows?

Best part about Chase is you can PC anytime and as much as you like, and most of all it's pretty instant. Your account should reflect the new card anytime from now till tomorrow( possibly overnight update). I've PC a couple of times and my account changes online fairly quick and they also send you your card pretty quick too. It usually gets mailed out the a day or two after your request, but your online account changes first before you get the card.

On the other hand, my BOA PC is taking much longer lol
Message 2 of 5
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Best part about Chase is you can PC anytime and as much as you like, and most of all it's pretty instant. Your account should reflect the new card anytime from now till tomorrow( possibly overnight update). I've PC a couple of times and my account changes online fairly quick and they also send you your card pretty quick too. It usually gets mailed out the a day or two after your request, but your online account changes first before you get the card.

On the other hand, my BOA PC is taking much longer lol

Great -- thanks for the speedy reply. I PC'd it about 7-8 hours ago and it's still not showing. Maybe it's an overnight update -- that was my next thought.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I combined my Freedom into my CSP.  Probably should have done it the opposite way.  Then I was pre-approved for the FU.  It's been 5 or 6 months and my Freedom still shows up in my lineup on their website.

You are good to go but will have to activate your new card.  Nothing to worry about.

Message 4 of 5
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I combined my Freedom into my CSP.  Probably should have done it the opposite way.  Then I was pre-approved for the FU.  It's been 5 or 6 months and my Freedom still shows up in my lineup on their website.

You are good to go but will have to activate your new card.  Nothing to worry about.

This. If someone ever Googles "Chase PC -- how long..." and they are looking for answers... the change happened overnight. It is now showing in my account as a Chase Freedom.

Thanks all!

ETA: After the PC, my UR points became immediately available for hitting the $500 spend goal for $150 bonus, in case anyone's interested. I didn't have to wait for statement cuts, 6-8 weeks, etc. This may be more helpful for folks now!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.