Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase PC

Does Chase allow PC from one cobranded card to another? I know they normally don't allow cobranded PC to a primary Chase card (i.e., Sapphire, Freedom). Thanks. Smiley Happy

Noticed someone in another thread mentioning they were planning to PC their card, but I was not sure if this was permitted by Chase.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase cobranded PC

Unfortunately, no, cannot be done. Pretty much the cobranded product you originally get is what you are stuck with. Doesn't matter if you want to PC to a Chase product or a cobranded. Ostensibly, the agreements Chase has with cobranded partners probably prevents them from allowing you to switch the product around (like many other issuers, who also won't change cobranded cards).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, kdm. I'm very happy with Chase and not planning to make any changes, but hadn't seen a thread on this and wanted to know. Thought others might like to know as well. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
msbia
Established Contributor

OP, back in November 2014 I was approved for a Chase Amazon, and I was shocked because Chase had shot me down for a Freedom a few months prior. After the Amazon approval shocker I checked the prequal page and saw the Freedom and Slate. I applied right then for the Freedom but was denied. I called into Chase and a CSR tried to PC the card for me but couldn't; I called back the next day and spoke to an analyst for 20 minutes. After my intense grilling he did PC the Amazon to Freedom, gave me the sign up bonus even though I already had the Amazon GC applied to my account. So I guess it's a ymmv since that time. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

OP, back in November 2014 I was approved for a Chase Amazon, and I was shocked because Chase had shot me down for a Freedom a few months prior. After the Amazon approval shocker I checked the prequal page and saw the Freedom and Slate. I applied right then for the Freedom but was denied. I called into Chase and a CSR tried to PC the card for me but couldn't; I called back the next day and spoke to an analyst for 20 minutes. After my intense grilling he did PC the Amazon to Freedom, gave me the sign up bonus even though I already had the Amazon GC applied to my account. So I guess it's a ymmv since that time. 

Thanks, msbla, what a nice success that you were able to accomplish that!

Certainly sounds as if it's worth a try for anyone considering a PC, although it probably was dependent in your situation on the fact that you had just applied for another card. (vs. just calling in separately to ask about PC) Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
msbia
Established Contributor

^ Most likely. And just a footnote, the first analyst I spoke to was very kind; she tried to split the $3k limit between Amazon and Freedom but couldn't. I actually spoke to a second who was super rude and made me feel like I should be grateful they even gave me the Amazon. The third was a male and he was a tough senior analyst, and he got it done for me. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.