Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Chase PC

Is it possible to PC a CFU into a Chase Amazon Prime card? Chase approved me in May for the CFU, but have no need for it any longer w/ my BoA Travel and Cash Rewards cards, and my AmEx BCE. Will Chase let me PC my newly minted CFU into a Chase Amazon Prime Visa? Don't even care about signature at this point, but I know it comes with it. 

App'ed for the Chase Amazon Prime card last month and they declined b/c of new Chase history. Very understandable. 

You all da best!

EDIT: Also OK w/ a HP if it's usually successful. I just don't need the CFU anymore, but the Chase Amazon Prime card would be unreal!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase PC

They tend to be super helpful over secure message if no one else knows. You could just send a quick message and get an answer by tomorrow. They won't take action without your approval.

Message 2 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Any new Chase credit card cannot be PC for a year and must be the same family. For example you can't take your CFU and downgrade it the Amazon Prime card since it's co-branded and vice versa. If you want the Prime card you'll have to app for it. This is assuming nothing has changed recently in regards to that or any exceptions that may be possible.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-downgrade-options-rules-for-each-card-issuer-rules/#Chase

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure they will allow you to PC from a FU to a co-branded card.  I love my FU card.

Message 4 of 7
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Phenomenal advice. Thank you so much. Secure message sent.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on the phone with EO an hour ago and one the of the questions I asked was literally this one - can I get a PC my CSP or CFU into Amazon Signature Visa, and the answer was no. You can only PC within the same family of cards. So CFU can be PC-ed into CSR, CSP, CF, etc.

Message 6 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

PC is not possible as many said.

If your Amazon application is less than 30days, i would call recon again, offer close CFU to open Amazon.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.