Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Palladium fee waive?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Palladium fee waive?

Did anybody get your chase palladium fee waived? If so, how did you do it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Palladium fee waive?

The initial yearly fee, or for subsequent years? If it's the initial one you could try reducing your credit limit to a point where the fee is greater than 25% of your credit limit.
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surehit wrote:
The initial yearly fee, or for subsequent years? If it's the initial one you could try reducing your credit limit to a point where the fee is greater than 25% of your credit limit.

Reduce the limit to less than $2500 on a Palladium card? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 7
surehit
Regular Contributor

Could always transfer the credit limit back later, but it's an option that would probably get the fee waived haha Smiley Happy
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@surehit wrote:

Reduce the limit to less than $2500 on a Palladium card? Smiley LOL

No kidding!  I'm sure some have tried different tricks.  Personally, unless a banker provided that flexibility via whatever means I'd just pay the fee.  Besides, the tradeline is hidden with 3x overline, why would I want to transfer that to another card and then swap it back? Smiley Very Happy  Good luck OP!  Maybe someone knows.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. I heard that's no credit limit to the card. And some people have got it through their chase private client advisor. 

I'll probably not fully utilize it; it's just a just-for-fun card. 

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea. I heard that's no credit limit to the card. And some people have got it through their chase private client advisor. 

I'll probably not fully utilize it; it's just a just-for-fun card. 

Well, in that case, I wanna have fun with it.  Can I play?  Lots of fun things that can be done with that Palladium!  What is your credit access line? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.