Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Palladium how can apply ??

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

@CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.

+1  

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"

Message 41 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ahhhh, lets try to get back on topic please.

Thanks!
Message 42 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.

+1  

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"

I would agree except my wife looks over my shoulder.  Funny thing is if you go just outside SF, people get more attractive fast.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 43 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1  

I would agree except my wife looks over my shoulder.  Funny thing is if you go just outside SF, people get more attractive fast.

Work-hot on a larger scale?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 44 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1  

Gonna sidetrack a little further......

Haha I understand what you mean! People in LA are a lot more materialistic though, at least from what I've seen. Drive a 100+ k car, wear a 20+k watch, and people would literally fawn over you in LA, especially in a club. Most people in bay area are not as materialistic, and tend not to spend as much money on material spendings, which I think is partly due to their job culture. You don't really see engineers driving ferraris that often. People in bay area do think they're "cooler" and more "advanced" though, especially when it comes to the environmental bs.

I didn't really like bay area as much when I were there, but I do kinda miss it now, especially Napa Valley! Just seems too much of a chore to fly up there to visit Napa. Overall it just seems really gloomy over there, partly due to the cloudy weather, and not as "interesting" people up there. At least there's more new construction homes in the bay area as well. I really don't understand how some people are able to live in non-HPOZ houses built in early 1900s in LA.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 45 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1  

Gonna sidetrack a little further......

Haha I understand what you mean! People in LA are a lot more materialistic though, at least from what I've seen. Drive a 100+ k car, wear a 20+k watch, and people would literally fawn over you in LA, especially in a club. Most people in bay area are not as materialistic, and tend not to spend as much money on material spendings, which I think is partly due to their job culture. You don't really see engineers driving ferraris that often. People in bay area do think they're "cooler" and more "advanced" though, especially when it comes to the environmental bs.

I didn't really like bay area as much when I were there, but I do kinda miss it now, especially Napa Valley! Just seems too much of a chore to fly up there to visit Napa. Overall it just seems really gloomy over there, partly due to the cloudy weather, and not as "interesting" people up there. At least there's more new construction homes in the bay area as well. I really don't understand how some people are able to live in non-HPOZ houses built in early 1900s in LA.

LOL it's the exact opposite in SF. I remember I pulled up a few times in a car like that and everyone figured me to be the biggest **bleep** around. Smiley Happy

I think you're correct in that it's largely cultural differences. When I think of "entertainment" in the Bay Area, what comes to mind is museums, the theatre, fine dining, wineries, etc. When I think of LA and "entertainment", all I see in my mind is clubs, parties, beaches and theme parks. Smiley Happy

I wonder if this translates into differences in the popularity of cards such as the palladium, based on location? Dubbed as the Getlaidium card, I wonder if has a more popular following (and therefore a higher perentage of people who have it) in places such as LA compared to SF?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 46 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Definitely got more comments on Palladium when I was in LA vs SF.

Gloomy weather is mainly in SF.  Used to live in Presidio Heights and Pacific Heights.  Never really got warm.  Constantly going out of town during weekend.  Recently moved to Pennisula (think less than 10 miles out of SF).  Suddenly it is much warmer (80ish today) and the people are more attractive.  But like NYC, SF has its share of people with complete package (attractive, educated, etc.).  I seem to find less of this in LA and elsewhere.

Lexie: I'll get back on subject once OP shows up to comment on the earlier stuff.

Message 47 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

LOL it's the exact opposite in SF. I remember I pulled up a few times in a car like that and everyone figured me to be the biggest **bleep** around. Smiley Happy

I think you're correct in that it's largely cultural differences. When I think of "entertainment" in the Bay Area, what comes to mind is museums, the theatre, fine dining, wineries, etc. When I think of LA and "entertainment", all I see in my mind is clubs, parties, beaches and theme parks. Smiley Happy

I wonder if this translates into differences in the popularity of cards such as the palladium, based on location? Dubbed as the Getlaidium card, I wonder if has a more popular following (and therefore a higher perentage of people who have it) in places such as LA compared to SF?

When you drive an expensive car in SF, the first thought they have in their minds probably are "o god look at how much ice is going to be melted because of the emissions from this car!" haha jk, but people up there do tend to be more uptight about the environment. 

I think the difference in culture in different areas does affect popularity of cards. Most people in SF probably won't even pay as much attention about the cards they have or what others are using, as opposed to LA. I was happily using my WF card simply because it worked well and service was within expectations, and really didn't know about all these rewards that I'm missing out on. When I moved down to LA, people were asking me why the **bleep** am I still using my WF card when I could get much better ones. 

In LA, people, especially gold-diggers, generally pay attention at everything to the finest details, from the zip code people live in, the cars they drive, the watch they're wearing, the wine they're drinking, the card they're using, and all the extra details including the type of cuff link being used. It's not exactly a bad thing as long as one isn't spending beyond his/her means to impress, but it's not exactly a proud thing to boast about either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 48 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 49 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

When you drive an expensive car in SF, the first thought they have in their minds probably are "o god look at how much ice is going to be melted because of the emissions from this car!" haha jk, but people up there do tend to be more uptight about the environment. 

I think the difference in culture in different areas does affect popularity of cards. Most people in SF probably won't even pay as much attention about the cards they have or what others are using, as opposed to LA. I was happily using my WF card simply because it worked well and service was within expectations, and really didn't know about all these rewards that I'm missing out on. When I moved down to LA, people were asking me why the **bleep** am I still using my WF card when I could get much better ones. 

In LA, people, especially gold-diggers, generally pay attention at everything to the finest details, from the zip code people live in, the cars they drive, the watch they're wearing, the wine they're drinking, the card they're using, and all the extra details including the type of cuff link being used. It's not exactly a bad thing as long as one isn't spending beyond his/her means to impress, but it's not exactly a proud thing to boast about either.

I don't know if it is as different as all that.  Although I had one of the first Lexus RX hybrids and I definitely got points for having one.  The Tesla got a ton of comments but I think it was because they were so rare and I had an orange one.  But we have a Porsche SUV now and it gets lots of comments too.  And the gas mileage is even worse than I thought it would be and I expected it to be bad. 

Personally I think people in LA are just more direct about things.  I get comments on the Palladium card (mostly about its weight) in SF.  In LA, they are like wow nice card and they come out and ask how they can get one.

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.