Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


Crashem wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
@ Crashem

You are correct the back door approach is closed. I just reconfirmed with mine.

If OP really wants to apply for a Palladium, it's through CPC whether he chooses that branch or another it is his choice.

If it is a big branch, he doesn't even have to move branch.  He can just go to other CPC banker.  Personally, I think there is way too much paranoia here.  I think the reality of the situation currently is that only existing CPC or PB customers are eligible for Palladium.

 

There is no discrimination going on because there is nothing for them to discriminate on as they aren't making any decisions.  There is no "talking" the banker into accepting an application for you.  If the CPC banker made the OP feel bad or OP just didn't like the CPC's breath, then go to another CPC banker.  If he wants the card, he is going to need to open CPC or PB (if things have changed) account.  I'm sure there is a nearby Chase banker who would be happy to take his money and do it in a pleasant manner.


+1

 

There's two sides to every story.  And, I find it difficult to believe that any CPC banker would've turned away any potential business/banking relationship... especially, given that a variety of HNW/UHNW banking relationships (depending on the target market/footprint) deal with a very diverse population.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


FinStar wrote:

Crashem wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
@ Crashem

You are correct the back door approach is closed. I just reconfirmed with mine.

If OP really wants to apply for a Palladium, it's through CPC whether he chooses that branch or another it is his choice.

If it is a big branch, he doesn't even have to move branch.  He can just go to other CPC banker.  Personally, I think there is way too much paranoia here.  I think the reality of the situation currently is that only existing CPC or PB customers are eligible for Palladium.

 

There is no discrimination going on because there is nothing for them to discriminate on as they aren't making any decisions.  There is no "talking" the banker into accepting an application for you.  If the CPC banker made the OP feel bad or OP just didn't like the CPC's breath, then go to another CPC banker.  If he wants the card, he is going to need to open CPC or PB (if things have changed) account.  I'm sure there is a nearby Chase banker who would be happy to take his money and do it in a pleasant manner.


+1

 

There's two sides to every story.  And, I find it difficult to believe that any CPC banker would've turned away any potential business/banking relationship... especially, given that a variety of HNW/UHNW banking relationships (depending on the target market/footprint) deal with a very diverse population.


This is definitely true in the SF Bay Area. The richest guy in the room is often the one wearing a worn out T-shirt and jeans.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,450
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


bribro wrote:

This is definitely true in the SF Bay Area. The richest guy in the room is often the one wearing a worn out T-shirt and jeans.


 +1

 

But chances are the guy's jeans are $500, T-Shirt, $200, and wearing $200 Flip Flops.

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,489
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


sjt wrote:

bribro wrote:

This is definitely true in the SF Bay Area. The richest guy in the room is often the one wearing a worn out T-shirt and jeans.


 +1

 

But chances are the guy's jeans are $500, T-Shirt, $200, and wearing $200 Flip Flops.

 

 


+2

 

Let me guess, is he a hipster wearing clothing that's made to look worn-out? Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,489
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


09Lexie wrote:
I miss the Bay Area...thanks for the visual. Smiley Tongue

I do but don't at the same time. It's good to visit home once in awhile, but the people there are so... boring. I'm honestly not quite sure how else to describe it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


CreditScholar wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
I miss the Bay Area...thanks for the visual. Smiley Tongue

I do but don't at the same time. It's good to visit home once in awhile, but the people there are so... boring. I'm honestly not quite sure how else to describe it.


Ouch I live there.  Where are there more interesting people?  Btw, I wear jeans and t-shirts often.  And the holes in my jeans are mostly self made through normal wear and tear.  BTW, this isn't hard since these multi hundred dollar jeans seem to be made of paper and wear ridiculously easy vs the 501s that are still good from college (which was a LONG time ago).

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


I was born and raised there...family still lives there too. But, I honestly can only visit.

But, back on topic- OP, if you are seriously considering applying for this card. App and keep us posted.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,489
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

[ Edited ]

Crashem wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
I miss the Bay Area...thanks for the visual. Smiley Tongue

I do but don't at the same time. It's good to visit home once in awhile, but the people there are so... boring. I'm honestly not quite sure how else to describe it.


Ouch I live there.  Where are there more interesting people?  Btw, I wear jeans and t-shirts often.  And the holes in my jeans are mostly self made through normal wear and tear.  BTW, this isn't hard since these multi hundred dollar jeans seem to be made of paper and wear ridiculously easy vs the 501s that are still good from college (which was a LONG time ago).


I lived there for the majority of my life as well, but now I only fly back a few times a year to see family. Come down to AUS and you'll find more interesting people here Smiley Happy

 

One thing I noticed the last time I went back home was the prevalence of grey, white and black cars. Very neutral, very bland. I think it's a reflection of the people there as well. Here there are all kinds of colours that are bright, highly visible and dare I say somewhat loud. Red, orange, yellow, purple, etc.

 

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.